Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Life In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Politics
Hammer Bomber
Bomberman

Post#10  Posted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:29 pm  Reply with quote + 
Obviously this is a highly external view of your political setup:

UK media coverage on Obama pretty much died after his botched attempt at state healthcare. We have it, its called the NHS and its excellent. We were hoping for your sake he might have been able to set up an equivalent but overall, it illustrated that your presidents in comparison to other world leaders, don't wield very much power. Makes me think of a line from hitchhikers in relation to Zaphod Beeblebrox's presidency. 'Not actually to wield power, but to draw attention away from it'.

I'm of the opinion that Obama was handed a poison chalice. Its been the case with every major first world country (with exception of Germany who saved intelligently over the past one and a half decades of boom). Everyone is in debt, not just the US and Quantitative easing (printing more money) was the only short term solution to it all. Every incumbent government (with exception of Germany) during the start of the recession relied on it as a result of putting popularity and re-election chances ahead of the initial necessary cuts, in our case we only started dealing with it properly when the new Conservative/Liberal-Democrat coalition came into office, and in your case, it seems it will also take a general election to get the process moving.
I hazard a guess that John McCain wouldn't have done things any better

I'm very interested to see how you guys deal with this and what the overall public reaction to cuts will be, in-particular from those that are put out of work.
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Life In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1510s
Index - Back to Top