Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Life In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Politics
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#4  Posted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:56 am  Reply with quote + 
Warning: I was very tired when I wrote this.

[Collapse Text]
I guess I should probably take some time to look into these fellows? I have neglected to participate in a single election before, local or presidential or whatever.

Worst citizen! < That is me.

Anyway. I kind of doubt the power of the presidency anymore, what with Congress the way that it is. It is like if the Three Stooges were like the 535 Stooges, and they were split into opposing teams.

Ok, so that is one way of looking at it. Another way of looking at it is this: The only way that an individual can rise up and take one of these seats is if he or she subscribes fully to his or her party's doctrines. They can't stray for any reason, even for situationally appropriate reasons, or they're not coming back. So you've got all of these old dudes conforming to one singular way of thinking. And whichever party you choose (come on don't joke me, there really are only two of them in this country), their doctrine has pretty much become a laundry list of things that they hate about the other party's doctrine that need to be prevented or changed. When they vote - if they vote - if they are even in freaking attendance! - they are just engaging in a massive war of cockblocking, pissing on each other and slinging their adult diapers around as urine-soaking shields (the diapers are full of bullshit, just to complete the analogy).

Our Congress needs to take a lesson from Ukraine and South Korea and just duke it out. Then put it on television in order to both educate and entertain the American masses.[/satire]

I guess I have waited kind of late to reply to this topic because it is approaching 2:00 AM and I am kind of tired. But maybe my sentiments have been conveyed in some twisted way? I guess what I'm saying is, I don't think that we can get anything done with the vast majority of these assclowns in office. And I don't think that we can get anything done by electing new people because they have to fit the mold that those assclowns built for them. When they do something helpful, it is usually not because they have truly agreed on something... it is more likely due to the miracle of accident. At least, that is how it seems to me.

Once our politicians start to focus on citizens' needs and not their own wants, on the people and not on the parties, then perhaps I will not be so apathetic about politics. But until then I think that everybody just needs to cool down and realize that, just like psychological theories, party goals are not always mutually exclusive!

But right now, yeah... my hope for this country is slowly disappearing, probably being pulled into the massive black hole that is our national debt.

[Collapse Text]
I am not blaming any one individual in particular, especially not the president, whom I just sort of feel sorry for.
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Life In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1265s
Index - Back to Top