BombermanBoard Forum Index BombermanBoard
Bomberman Community

Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Moments in video games that make you want to explode.
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#30  Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:41 am  Reply with quote + 
BlueBomberman wrote:
Metal Shark's Stage. It's basically a death course with a giant crusher, and it's full of ice and instakill spike, and enemies love to knock you back into these things at the most inconvenient moments. Oh and don't take the Nightmare route route if you value your sanity, cause now you have to deal with all that AND a forced scrolling level. Fun.

fireball87 wrote:
DEVIL

...am I the only one who actually liked X6? Sure seems to be that way.

I don't remember there being ice in that stage, and I played through this game again fairly recently. Maybe if you went to Metal Shark Player's stage right after Blizzard Wolfang's stage? I don't recall ever seeing ice in that stage before...

To add some contributions to this thread...

Soul Calibur III: Computer opponents who use the "Lance" type weapon. All of them. That is a incredibly cheap discipline that's both fast, powerful, and has range to boot. Especially evident in the "Chronicles of the Sword" mode where you face all sorts of characters resembling "Create a Character" characters. They can be even more annoying depending on the stage conditions (some will have it so you are always being pushed away, which almost always gives the opponent the advantage with range). Not fun fighting any character who has a range advantage, but Lance users are especially bad.

Mega Man X5: The first of the final stages in the game. There's a part that's heavily reminiscent of Quick Man's stage from Mega Man 2, where insta-kill laser beams spawn and fire in certain directions. If you didn't get past them, you were screwed and could not advance. The only way to get through is to use the "Dark Hold" weapon at the right exact time, which stops everything around X/Zero (including these lasers) and drains the weapon energy bar until it's completely gone and everything resumes where they left off, and you just have to keep moving until you are hopefully past them. It's one of those segments that if you screwed up once, you had to restart the entire stage to have a chance to get through again, as the weapon energy pick-ups don't return upon dying.

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1738s
Index - Back to Top