BombermanBoard Forum Index BombermanBoard
Bomberman Community

Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Moments in video games that make you want to explode.
BlueBomberman
Board Moderator

Post#26  Posted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:32 am  Reply with quote + 
Bramble Scramble from DKC2, was really infuriating back in the day when I was still getting into video games, and it was pretty much an enorumous road block for me.

The final chapter in Fire Emblem: Blazing Sword, but this was very largely due to PEBCAK and the level being hard, my lords were very underleveled, and promoted very early (and thus had horrible stats), I had overused Marcus so most of my team was pretty weak, I never used anything stronger than Iron weapons because the game was too forgiving up to that point. Now imagine my frustration when all my n00b mistake came back to bite me. I had to abuse the overpowered Luna tome to win.

Dreadnaught Purple Coins from Super Mario Galaxy 1, for many people, people raged long and hard about Luigi's Purple Coins, but for me it was Dreadnaught's. It took me several hours to complete considering a sinlge misstep screws you over completely.

Wily Stage 3, from MegaMan 9. Ookay, lets take level that has a few areas where you're constantly floating upwards, sound okay right? WRONG, the floating areas are chock full of spikes, and you can only move MegaMan by shooting the buster, which increases his inertia the more you shoot in one direction, which is a lot harder than it sound as you have to move at the correct speeds or you will get spiked and die. And if that wasn't enough, there's several spots where an enemy will drop down and DRAG you right into the very spike you thought you narrowly avoided. Oh, and the boss of that stage is both the Yellow AND the Green devil at the same fracking time. RAGE.

Metal Shark's Stage. It's basically a death course with a giant crusher, and it's full of ice and instakill spike, and enemies love to knock you back into these things at the most inconvenient moments. Oh and don't take the Nightmare route route if you value your sanity, cause now you have to deal with all that AND a forced scrolling level. Fun.

Shiver Factory from Kirby 64. Lots of insta-kill crushers, conveyer belts, the works.

World 4 of Donkey Kong Returns, yes I'm serious, and ENTIRE WORLD full of aggravating levels. The Rocketbarrel level are among the most hated for many people, and the mine carts are pure trail-and-error levels.
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1629s
Index - Back to Top