BombermanBoard Forum Index BombermanBoard
Bomberman Community

Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Moments in video games that make you want to explode.
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#20  Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:03 pm  Reply with quote + 
The biggest issue I had with SD3 was at first I made the mistake of leveling up the wrong skills before the first class up (I leveled up the skills that helped the magic later on, which were completely pointless to level early on, or for that reason, pretty much ever). That made the hardest boss in the game for me the ghost ship boss. After classing up for the first time, every boss in the game became remarkably easy. That said, I was playing as nightblade (kevin), starlancer (lise), bishop(carlie), which is a powerhouse class selection, buff+debuff+healing. Only way to do better is to properly abuse Kevin. Any team without carlie will prove to be harder, especially if you don't abuse the black market, that said, if you have someone with decent spirit, and money to invest in poto oils. Money issues were nothing that I really had, but I tended to skip a few unnecessary things, I did farm the seeds that give the ultimate weapons though. I may have skipped the penultimate weapons due to that. With a good team and final classes though, no boss, including the final boss should take longer then 3 minutes, even if you have just enough levels to get you the final spell sets. Still a lot less grinding then either SOM or any other SNES RPG (FF or CT for example).

It also helps that last time I played it I played with a second player, for some reason a player will out dps the computer by ridiculous manners, even when just spamming attack.

--edit-- I really wish that there was a action RPG that fell somewhere between SOM and SD3, perhaps a tad improved. Multiplayer, a good battle system (more SD1 meats LOZ, I'd like it to have no undodgable spells, and kill the spam ability and game stopping of the spells (make the spells so you have to go through the menus in real time, and all of them cast in real time). But a good SD3 like universe and class system, similar branching story lines, and so forth, and also, let's get a bit of weapon variation.

Really that is the one thing that made me sad about SD3 and SOM. SOM has a really excellent feel to combat, you can dodge certain things, there's a lot of variation, it has good pacing. SD3 does everything better, except for the combat is dull, you can't really dodge all that much that matters, and basically you just end up standing on top of bosses and spamming the attack button. I still prefer SD3 though, regardless of SOM having the better (non magic) battle system.
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1263s
Index - Back to Top