BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Clones & Projects
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Online Bomberman Remake
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#7  Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:53 pm  Reply with quote + 
Omega wrote:
I speak from personal decade-long experience :wink: 

I prefer the Z key, and I've been playing PC games for more or less 2 decades. I also have a keyboard that cost a great deal more then yours, which clearly makes me an uncontested expert on keyboard input (and my arcade machine, vast selection of consoles, controllers and adapters clearly makes me an expert at video game input in general). A majority of the hardest games in existence also use either z x or shift alt or control. Doujin shooters, Super Meat Boy, IWTBTG, clearly the true experts know the vast superiority of those keys over the spacebar. You are entitled to your opinion, but your opinion is scientifically proven to be incorrect. The fact that the BMO games used space bar for bomb placing was just an oversight due to the fact that at the time, Hudson only had experience with console games. It was a mistake that was forgiven by the hardcore players due to the fact that you could remap these controls. Whether or not the new BMO game fixed that error I am not sure, but if it did not that would explain why it was discontinued in such short notice. Just practice a bit and you'll gain the dexterity required to play video games. Really now, for bomberman, you've got to go with either a good controller (ala snes) or go with the z, otherwise, there is really no way to you even to compete with good players. With a bit of work, you can learn to use the z key as second nature, and then you can truly compete with top level players. Of course, it would make no sense for you not to know this, and therefore I present another theory. You are just proposing space bar to hurt the professional level players into playing at your level. Shame...

Spoiler:
A joke of course. I saw a silly argument, and was forced to follow suit. Bonus points if you can point out my use of logical fallacies. Honestly I don't care either way, I tend to prefer z or x when I think of it, but not enough that I end up remapping the controls on games that use spacebar. In reality, I have no reason to not use my snes pad for most console style games I care about anyway. Whether it is natively supported, or I have to use joytokey or something to that effect.

As for the game, I'll likely not try it a bit due to the required effort (reboot, install, get friend to install). I also assume at this point that you have a decent idea of what needs done. I am somewhat interested in your implementation details though, language, libraries etc, just as it's something I like to know. Also note that I'm still waiting for a online bomberman game with good net-code, I found the blast games to be disappointing in that regard, so I wish you luck (though I'm rather picky about lag in gamers like this, so I end up playing games that lag is less of an issue).
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Clones & Projects All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1707s
Index - Back to Top