Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Life In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Post a Pic (part 2)
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#212  Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:09 pm  Reply with quote + 
Ask for details and you shall receive. Arcade cabinet is a Mame Cabinet, my brother built it, it is technically his (I live with my brother), it's running Windows+Mame+Hyperspin on the software side, a USB IPAC, + Sanwa JLW sticks (awesome sticks with rotatable 4/8 way controls, best sticks on the market, and pretty cheap too) + Happ Push buttons.

We bought the case which was an Arcanoid case (was converted frogger), already gutted, for under 50 bucks. It already had the coin doors on it, the IPAC and the coin mechs were a gift from some of our Arcade machine building friends, computer was built for it, monitor was sitting around, overall, total cost of build for us was certainly under 500 bucks. Control panel was custom bent by a local Steel Fab to match the original board, then we drilled it. It uses something that matches a modern Neo Geo layout, but has a second row for the top 3 buttons, so it's layout is best of both worlds for both Neo Geo and Capcom games, meaning about the only game (other then those that use trackballs or spinners) that it doesn't have a good layout for is Mortal Kombat.

is another picture, you can see the button layout. Lighting is bad in this picture, but neo geo buttons have the right colours, capcom buttons are black.

As for my bed, it's a Futon bottom bed top bunk bed, I use a laptop, which wasn't in the scene, cause I used it's webcam to snap the picture cause I was too lazy to grab my brothers camera. It is a aging Late 2008 (last model before unibody) 15 inch Macbook Pro. The futon most often get's used as a place where I throw stuff I'm not currently working on, school books and such. All this stuff was stuff I had before I moved in with my brother, and I went with space maximization stuff just out of utilitarian preference, and now that I do most of my stuff in a very tiny room, it works out well that all my furniture was built for it. In reality, from going to a quite large room to a very small room, minus one couch and a dressers, my furniture set is almost exactly the same, I just have a lot less floor space.

It's a good trade off though, you trade having a very small rooms for most of the house, to have a large living/dining room, which as it's the room you generally entertain people in, works very well. I use my bedroom mostly for entertaining myself/work, almost completely at my desk, and then of course sleeping, so I don't need much for room. If I do, I just go into the living room, which sports the video game console of the moment, and the big tv and such.

(random note, the cord going across the room is going to a fan that I use to sleep, I have a custom clothes hanger rigup to hang it from my heat/ac vent,which loses the across the room cable, but I accidentally ripped the prongs off the extension cord, by converting the futon without unplugging it, and never bought a replacement one, plugging it into the closest power to my bed became the immediate solution that i've just never took the time to change)
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Life In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1649s
Index - Back to Top