Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Life In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Post a Pic (part 2)
DragonBomber
Bomberman

Post#210  Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:46 am  Reply with quote + 
Regulus 777 wrote:
Nice pics! Overall it looks like a pretty comfortable room. Even if you have company you can free up space by folding up the TV trays and stuff so I'm sure it's bigger then it may appear in the photos.

I haven't done any pics in quite awhile. I'm currently living with my mom and grandmother and space is limited for me, so a large portion of my stuff is packed up till I eventually find a better job and move out on my own again. Haven't been having much luck with that either...

That can be rough, I really appreciate that sort of living arrangement. I lived with my wife and her mother for just over 8 years, and have been on our own almost 2 years now. We do well enough given how much we let credit debt grab onto us. The apt is small enough to be easy to heat and cool, while big enough to store our junk and entertain for small events. The new couch allows us to have a couple people crash overnight if desired, which is better than the old furniture. It was a loveseat so only short people could sleep on it comfortably, and found me bringing in cots I store in the car. :D

I store a bit of parts in the cars, metal stuff I use for projects like custom camera rigs and so forth. We really need to buy a shed but they are not as cheap as I want to pay most days. Not for the kind of shed I want. Ideally it would be big enough to have a small table in as well for me to go out and fiddle about with the NDS/PSP/iPhone or laptop and my garbage percussion kit. A powered shed would be better, but I wager any shed will wait until we buy a house. My brother really wants to get something worked out so he has a room to crash in whenever he is in vagrant mode driving around the country, and yet keeps his credit line on his current investments/home open once he finishes paying off his house. Not sure that will work but I cannot imagine having a better roommate than my brother. Possibly my best friend but more of a pipedream really. My buddy is wheelchair-bound and we would really need a special house to make his life a little more comfortable. I worry about him and wish I could set up such a pad since his mom has cancer now and might not make it. Worry like hell what will happen to him once she's gone since his disability only covers so much. He worked so hard in his jobs before he was hammered by his condition. He has lived with his mom since that all went down, with siblings still there as well.

So on paper and in my head, I'd want a place big enough to have extra rooms for my brother, my best friend, any kids that come up to be taught the ways of bomberman, and of course the misc rooms required for projects/music/crafts and proper office, storage, and all that. Probably never going to happen of course. ;)

Those heavy duty wooden folding TV trays are a lifesaver though. We have those, my wife's laptop table on wheels, some cubed storage ottoman's good for papers and audio CDs/PS1 games, and a mini recliner that folds up into a cube when you need to move it. Wish I had gotten two of them now.

Edit @ fireball87 Looks like a fun set of digs. Spartan design wise, which I like. Is that an arcade machine for JAMMA playback/a MAME rig, or both? Respect.
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Life In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1650s
Index - Back to Top