Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Life In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Post a Pic (part 2)
DragonBomber
Bomberman

Post#207  Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:49 pm  Reply with quote + 
Right side of room (multimedia side) where I mostly work on music, projects, and practice guitar/bass/keyboard. A lot of the instruments are hidden under the desk or elsewhere in the room/closets. Pull out some of the guitar amps and a PA if needed but I found that the AC in the apartment is weird so rarely can do this unless I pull power from other rooms via extension cable. Kept shutting off my Ubuntu machine so much that I have not restarted the clients and servers on it. *sad panda face* Plan to virtualize the Ubuntu install eventually since I have had good uptimes with it so far in a virtual environment on other XP machines. The major media box now is an XP machine that sits between the desk and that mobile black entertainment center.

Action shot of me working with some VST MIDI apps using the small MIDI trigger shown, and DSP effect VSTs with the Yamaha keyboard shown. I have misc MIDI-related junk and find ways to make scary sounding tunes here and there. Look up this handle on YouTube to see what I mean.

Left side of room (multimedia side) where much of my wife's books are stored that she actually reads on. I kept adding junk to that left side where the bagged acoustic is so I had to move all of my bagged acoustics, including a resonator modification I am working on of a cheap $10 acoustic, behind a chair on the other side of the room. There is a machine behind the HDTV, and that machine on the left is the now unused Ubuntu box.

These are somewhat older gear action shots showing different hectic messes made. I do about the same now. That foam in the second shot is what I had used to rise up the PSP and NDS for use as an instrument/tracker/sequencer.

My wife and I totally moved the living room around from those older photos, to something closer to where you see the bass and that desk with a ton of monitors on it. We specifically got rid of furniture to fit a large sectional couch for our last birthday parties, and it has treated us well. We crash out, her with her laptop on this side of the room now on a wheeled glasstop table, watching rugby, movies, and sometimes playing games but generally it's rugby, movies, and television shows obtained online. I make sure the Bose is on loud so I can practice on my favorite acoustic guitar no matter we're watching. ;) (hidden behind the SMB throw blanket/chair in a photo above)

I have two laptops I keep around, the one in those older photos is the backup. I will often take one or both with me when I get in one-on-one mentoring time with some of the youth. We often do work with music theory, composing on the mobile environment (NDS, PSP, iPhone), recording, filtering, stop-motion animation, simple editing, and other projects like that. Not a lot of video editing yet. Imagine lugging bags full of stuff to an off-site location and then packing it all up and bringing it home again 5-6 hours later. Sometimes a mile away, sometimes 20. At home I always have random keyboards hanging about and right this moment at home there are three trackballs controlling three different systems sitting on my personal TV tray, some operating via switch as well, one open to VNC control remotely, and one operating a music server it seems I can no longer connect to from work. LOL Still have to get all of our media into something like Boxee or XMBC once I fix the names, add photos, and such with the apps. I am fixing our music now with MediaMonkey in part.

The only really interesting thing to have happened besides tripping fuses (no fires yet) due to too much power being pulled out of those outlets was the following below. I was trying to make use of an ancient laptop with Ubuntu 7.04 and it did not want to take. Instead it got angry and shouted the following at me:

Always makes me chuckle to see that photo. Our living room can be a mess, what with tv trays, ottomans, chairs, and people, but it works well for having people over to eat, drink, and make use of the television for misc purpose. Not nearly enough for Bomberman parties. I had a single one so far following my birthday gaming events, though I managed to get a friend's dad to play during that birthday deluge somehow. Gotta love when someone much older gets into the spirit of bomberman and you also have youngsters playing as well. :D
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Life In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1700s
Index - Back to Top