Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Wii Kirby Game
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#46  Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:25 am  Reply with quote + 
Duke Serkol wrote:
Soniti 254 wrote:
Air Ride?

It had bosses, but I guess contrary to games like Dream Course and Blockball, it didn't really have a plot in the vein of "we must save the world... by racing!" so yeah, you could say that was just about racing.
Still, if it's that one game, my point stands: nearly every single Kirby game has been an adventure.

I suppose I could possibly add Star Stacker; or Gourmet Race and Avalanche for sure, if you'd like, but it'd be redundant and your point still stands.

Duke Serkol wrote:
Plus, "Kirby's Adventure" was the title of his second game, the one on the NES. Last time Nintendo took a NES title and added Wii to it, we had New Super Mario Bros Wii, which admittedly was a big throwback to the NES games... however this Kirby is closer in nature to the SNES game Super Star, so if anything they shuld have called it New Kirby Super Star Wii. In short, no matter how you look at it, this title was a bad choice.

I disagree. Kirby's Adventure is a very broad name in general and it fits the context of the game, which is Kirby is on yet another grand adventure. Outside of hardcore Kirby fans, I doubt many people are going to say "Hey, what the hell man, this isn't like Kirby's Adventure at all!" The basic plot is also pretty similar in both games from what has been revealed. In Adventure, Kirby travels all over Dream Land to recover the scattered pieces of the Star Rod. In this game, Kirby and the gang are traveling all over Dream Land to recover the scattered pieces of a crashed space ship. I see your point, but I just don't think it's that big of a deal.

Duke Serkol wrote:
Soniti 254 wrote:
That was, unfortunately, removed from the timeline for seemingly no reason by IGA

There was a very valid reason: it screwed up the timeline. The game was supposed to happen a few months before Trevor's birth. Problem is, Trevor's battle with Dracula occurred in 1476, the year of Dracula's historical death. At that time Dracula was 45 years old. Legends needs to happen at the very least 16 years before that (though really, 16 years old Trevor?), so that'd mean Dracula would be a dashing 29 years old... however in the game (and artwork) his appearence is that of a man in his late sixties, with white hair and beard, and his son is already old enough to be a father himself (somehow, I doubt Dracula conceived him while 13).

So yeah, Legends was all kinds of screwed up and it was very responsible of Konami to admit it and retract the whole thing.
I wish more software houses had the balls to do that. Like say, with a certain Metroid game... :shifty: 

I'm reading up the two games on Wiki (inb4 notareliablesourcelol), and it says Legends takes place in 1450, wheras Dracula's Curse takes place in 1476. That's a 26 year gap, it's easily possible for Trevor to be over 20 years old by Dracula's Curse. I'm not sure what the problem with this is exactly.

And what Dracula's looks like age wise isn't really relevant, as, if I recall correctly, it only determines how powerful he currently is (with older meaning more powerful). He's been resurrected numerous times, with each game looking pretty different age wise. In Rondo of Blood, he looked like something out of Bram Stroker's Dracula, but in the direct sequel, Symphony of the Night, he looked like a man in his 60's, and SotN took place only a few years after.

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1361s
Index - Back to Top