BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Wii Kirby Game
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#45  Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:28 am  Reply with quote + 
Soniti 254 wrote:
Air Ride?

It had bosses, but I guess contrary to games like Dream Course and Blockball, it didn't really have a plot in the vein of "we must save the world... by racing!" so yeah, you could say that was just about racing.
Still, if it's that one game, my point stands: nearly every single Kirby game has been an adventure.
Plus, "Kirby's Adventure" was the title of his second game, the one on the NES. Last time Nintendo took a NES title and added Wii to it, we had New Super Mario Bros Wii, which admittedly was a big throwback to the NES games... however this Kirby is closer in nature to the SNES game Super Star, so if anything they shuld have called it New Kirby Super Star Wii. In short, no matter how you look at it, this title was a bad choice.

Still plenty of potential to be a great game, of course.

Soniti 254 wrote:
Legends is actually pretty faithful in name, contextwise. While prelude is a musicial term, prelude can also refer to the beginning.

True that.

Soniti 254 wrote:
That was, unfortunately, removed from the timeline for seemingly no reason by IGA

There was a very valid reason: it screwed up the timeline. The game was supposed to happen a few months before Trevor's birth. Problem is, Trevor's battle with Dracula occurred in 1476, the year of Dracula's historical death. At that time Dracula was 45 years old. Legends needs to happen at the very least 16 years before that (though really, 16 years old Trevor?), so that'd mean Dracula would be a dashing 29 years old... however in the game (and artwork) his appearence is that of a man in his late sixties, with white hair and beard, and his son is already old enough to be a father himself (somehow, I doubt Dracula conceived him while 13).

So yeah, Legends was all kinds of screwed up and it was very responsible of Konami to admit it and retract the whole thing.
I wish more software houses had the balls to do that. Like say, with a certain Metroid game... :shifty: 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1693s
Index - Back to Top