Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Wii Kirby Game
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#41  Posted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:11 pm  Reply with quote + 
Duke Serkol wrote:
Nah, importing has gotten way too complicated ever since home consoles were given blasted firmware updates.

I liked "Kirby returnS to Dreamland" with returnS (note the S) before Dreamland because it implied something. That it was Kirby who was returning to Dreamland and not just us (unlike say Donkey Kong Contry Returns, in which it is the game Donkey Kong Country that is returning, while the characters have never left the place).

I mean, every now and then it would be kind of nice for a game's title to have something to do with the game's specific story, you know?

Consider the Castlevania games, they are literally named with the following formula "musical term + emo/gothic reference", thus resulting in the various Symphony of the Night, Harmony of Dissonance, Aria of Sorrow...

They aren't bad titles, but you could switch them around and no one would realize it (in fact they kind of did when bringing them out of Japan).

I can see your point. But using that though, the title's still true to the game's plot, as Kirby is on yet another adventure. If anything, I'm glad they didn't go with a silly pun or anything this time around (like say Amazing Mirror for example).

I believe the names for those particular Castlevania games, even in Japan, still referenced musical terms. Even with Symphony of the Night, in Japan, it was a play on words (it was called "Nocturne of the Moonlight"). And there are only five games in the whole series that had musical terms in the name (one of which, Lament of Innocence, is also a play on words), and I wouldn't even seriously count one of them as it's a noncanon crossover multiplayer game.[/fanboyism]

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1450s
Index - Back to Top