Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Weird things you notice in Bomberman
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#76  Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:54 am  Reply with quote + 
plasm wrote:
That is a Core Mechanism being destroyed by a bomb blast. Notice anything about the resulting explosion? Yeah, it's a skull.

Oh, so SBMan3 has a hidden world. Wow! :veryhappy: 
Metroid games (the first one especially) have lots of them.

...that looks surprisingly Bomberman-ish.

But,
plasm wrote:
Major spoiler alert I guess

I don't really think you can major spoil something that can't normally be accessed in the game without AR codes, especially if it's just an incomplete leftover.

plasm wrote:
It seem like you have to beat the final boss within an impossible time limit, when I heard about this the guy got there by accident using PAR codes to adjust the time limits and stuff. I'm guessing this was the dev team's way of dummying it out without going in and deleting code.

Mh, I wonder if we could verify that via PAR codes (like by stopping the timer in the final boss fight and/or reduce the boss' starting HP to 1)

plasm wrote:
Yeah it's pretty out there for a Bomberman game.

Is it really? Lots of cutesy Japanese characters take a quick fun trip through makai.
Freaking Bubby and Bobby from Bubble Bobble did it in Parasol Stars...
Spoiler:
The pentacles would most definitely have been censored in an international release, but for Japanese fare? Nothing special.

plasm wrote:
The big question I have is how it would have tied into the rest of the game's story... The five villains came from the previous game, so they couldn't have had a sixth one, right?

My guess is this stage was going to be a derivative of the horror themed stage from Bomberman 94, like pretty much every other stage is a derivative of those from that game.

But from a storyline point of view, amusing as it is to note that said five villains had just recently been brought back to life, I think the answer might just lie in another Bomberman game...

plasm wrote:
And as I said, it doesn't seem to have any of those big exit bubbles with a computer chip inside it, like the rest of the five worlds - the stages are all linked together by doors, just like the final world, the Battleship. Maybe it was originally intended to be a secret stage?

So we've got a stage that is structured in the same way as the final level and that was apparently to be accessed by defeating the regular final boss, who just happens to be Bagular, while meeting some specific conditions... and it has a makai theme to it.

Hi guys.

plasm wrote:
Huh. The first enemy I blasted in the new video releases a score sprite of "000".

Well that's just too bad. It clearly should have been 666.
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.2032s
Index - Back to Top