Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Sonic Generations
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#8  Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:21 am  Reply with quote + 
fireball87 wrote:
Well to be fair, I know exactly how big 600 megs is, and will download things far bigger on an average day. The download itself will take about 5 minutes, and I'll play the level for about 3 minutes. So basically, I'd walk to my ps3, update psn, take 10 minutes, go back, open the store, take 2 minutes finding the thing, start the download. Take another 5 minutes downloading it. And wootah, I can play a single sonic act, which if is comparable to the original game, will take me well under 5 minutes to beat. It's not worth it to me, I could dl something else and get far more enjoyment, even streaming video I get more enjoyment per MB/down time time spent. I just don't care about testing the game enough for it.

That said my ps3 is in a different place then I am for the summer, so it's a complete non issue anyway. And I have more issue with the size in principal then In reality. I'm not entirely ecstatic about the fact that unless the game is an epic, game makers don't seem to try to compress things at all, even making obvious choices like losslessly compressed audio and imagery instead of raw audio and imagery. Atleast for PC it annoys me more then often enough.

Ah okay. Fair enough. Not sure how much longer that download will be active for anyway (cause as mentioned, for some unfathomable reason, SEGA made it so you could only download and play the demo until a certain date).

It's just a bit of a shame because even though I only played it for less then 5 minutes, it was much closer to a Sonic game then some of the more recent games I played and was one of the best Sonic experiences I've had in a while.

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1485s
Index - Back to Top