BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Wii Kirby Game
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#30  Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:33 am  Reply with quote + 
Duke Serkol wrote:
Soniti 254 wrote:
4) Given how he has Triple D's emblem on him, may or may not. He'd have to have slight redesign changes to appear in the game and make sense. Seeing as Triple D is one of the playable characters in this game.

It's just a matter of changing one logo...

And hence why I said he needs a "slight redesign". I couldn't see too well in that screenshot, but being touched up a bit wouldn't hurt either.

Duke Serkol wrote:
Soniti 254 wrote:
This implies that Kirby's always had the copy ability (he didn't in the first game, if you don't recall)

Mario could not survive dropping off a platform in Donkey Kong. Would you like them to go back to that?
The copy ability defines Kirby, without it he has no identity.

That's not remotely the same thing. Besides, if you want to get really technical, in the newer games (Mario 64, Sunshine, and the Galaxy games in particular), Mario does take damage if he falls from a certain height. The amount of damage he takes is based on how high he fell. It's more or less the same concept.
I wouldn't go that far with the copy ability, as he's still recognizably and undoubtedly Kirby even without the copy ability. It's a signature ability, yes, but not a part of his identity.
Kirby doesn't always have the copy ability in each of the games though, depending on how the games play. For example, he does not have the copy ability in the original game. He also doesn't have copy abilities in the puzzle games (as they are just would not work in those kinds of games), or in Tilt 'n' Tumble. And although he had copy abilities to use in Milky Way Wishes, they worked completely differently from the norm and could not obtain them (excluding limited use ones) from enemies. And Canvas Curse also had Copy Abilities work completely differently then usual.

Duke Serkol wrote:
Soniti 254 wrote:
and/or this has been happening lately (which I don't think it has, last I checked. Unless Epic Yarn didn't but I haven't had the chance to play it yet).

And that's exactly the game I'm complaining about. It's a Kirby game in name only not just because Kirby does not have the ability to copy enemies in it but plain simply because it was not a Kirby game until later in development when they decided to slap Kirby in it (much like they did with Fox in Dinosaur Planet).

Perhaps, but it does still look like and resemble a Kirby game. I'd assume it'd have a similar feeling while playing the game too. While your Star Fox Adventures example is a good example of how not to slap a character onto a game, there are some that do actually work.
Devil May Cry 2, for example, was originally an entirely different game unrelated to Devil May Cry at all. But Capcom changed the game sometime during development to make it more resemble DMC and it does look and feel like a DMC game.

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1783s
Index - Back to Top