Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
Which would be easier to have?
[Replies: 7]  [Views: 3537]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Website Related

Mighty
Bomberman

Post#1  Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:35 pm  Reply with quote + 
I've seen many forums using the same forum style as like this one (with how it was made and stuff), and I've seen alot of InvisionFree forums. Which one would be easier to handle with if you were an admin at either one?
View user profile Send Private Message
Razon
Board Admin

Post#2  Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:39 pm  Reply with quote + 
Though I've never used the Invision forum software, I would say that phpBB is definitely better then the free Invision. The phpBB software is great for all of the MODs that have been made for it, and you can greatly expand the ability of the forum if you're willing to take the time to manually make the modifications. Since automatic ones through easymod can mess things up, though some mods also aren't good too so it's good to keep backups before making any changes to the forum.

Last edited by Razon on Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:42 pm
Mighty
Bomberman

Post#3  Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:42 pm  Reply with quote + 
Razon wrote:
Though I've never used the invision forum software, I would say that php is definitely better then the free invision. The phpBB software is great for all of it's MODs that have been made for it, and you can greatly expand the ability of the forum if you're willing to take the time to manually make the modifications.

I prefer Invision Free because its easier to set up. I can't set up the Forum I have for phpBB because I can't get used to where all the controls for everything is.
Razon
Board Admin

Post#4  Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:44 pm  Reply with quote + 
Well whatever you can get used to is probably the best for you right now then, but in the long run it would be a good idea to learn how to use a better one. I'm sure that invision is fine though, if it has what you need to manage your community alright.
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#5  Posted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:43 am  Reply with quote + 
I always was a fan of the Simple Machine Forums... last time I threw one up it was fairly simple from an admin perspective... though I've thrown up all of the above for experimental persons.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#6  Posted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:58 am  Reply with quote + 
That's funny, whenever I throw up nothing special or exciting happens... :sigh: 
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#7  Posted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:43 pm  Reply with quote + 
Dark Zaphe wrote:
That's funny, whenever I throw up nothing special or exciting happens... :sigh: 

You prolly just don't eat much software. /me munches on the candy coated flavors of last gen Mac OS, mmm minty.
Birdyfan
Bombertrainee

Post#8  Posted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:55 pm  Reply with quote + 
well the one I found to be fairly easy was SMF forums, mod and skin installation was as simple as uploading a .zip or. tar file using the skin uploader or the package manager for mods and it auto installs it, though there aren't nearly as many mods for it as there are for PHPBB.
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Website Related All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1404s
Index - Back to Top