Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Wii Kirby Game
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#15  Posted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:47 pm  Reply with quote + 
Soniti 254 wrote:
As for the "not true" Kirby games, Nintendo likes to use Kirby to experiment with new/different gameplay mechanics. And I think all of the ones I did try were pretty fun and cool, and definitely fit in with the Kirby universe. So eh, I guess I don't really mind if it is a true Kirby game or not.

Nor do I, as long as the standard gameplay still exists... not that I suppose it matters too much anymore, Kirby is a fairly long running series, I got by replaying the early ones for a decade... another decade wouldn't kill me... still I do like news of a standard Kirby game.

As for fitting in the Kirby universe, I'm not sure that a lot of those games would lose anything by being outside of the Kirby universe either, minus a good chunk of marketing. Quite a few of those games weren't designed as Kirby games initially... anything you place within a universe is likely to be accepted as long as it doesn't clash with prior decisions. An example from outside Kirby... take Tetris Attack, this game falls believably in the Mario Universe, then the Pokemon Universe... despite the fact that it has similarities to neither game, and was initially designed to target a completely different demographic. I mean seriously, you can't tell me that re-skinned Kirby tilt and tumble wouldn't have worked just as well as a game with any other character, and I doubt anyone would've said "hmm, this should've been a Kirby game".

But whichever, I should stop now, I've been dragged too far off my initial statement for a topic that doesn't really matter all that much to me.
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1258s
Index - Back to Top