Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Wii Kirby Game
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#14  Posted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:27 pm  Reply with quote + 
fireball87 wrote:
From 1990 to 2000, the only two standard series Kirby games on a hand held platform were Kirby's Dreamland 1 and 2. In that same period there were 4 console releases. Adventure, Super Star, Dreamland 3, and 64. 2000s were hand held dominated, though only 2 standard Kirby releases... that does beat the 0 the consoles have had in that decade.

That is true, but if we go in depth and include all Kirby games (for all intents and purposes, I won't include the Smash Bros. games or Avalanche because 1) Smash Bros is not really a Kirby game and 2) Avalanche is just Puyo Pop with Kirby characters and music), you can see that, out of all 20 games, 11 of them are on a portable console. That's a little over half of the series' library right there. If I took out remakes (which consists of about 2 or 3 games), that's still about half of the library.

I used this site to give myself a quick refresh of what's out there for Kirby games.

As for the "not true" Kirby games, Nintendo likes to use Kirby to experiment with new/different gameplay mechanics. And I think all of the ones I did try were pretty fun and cool, and definitely fit in with the Kirby universe. So eh, I guess I don't really mind if it is a true Kirby game or not.

I'm not saying that Kirby doesn't belong on a console, I'd actually like to see more Kirby games on them, but I do think Kirby's more at home on a handheld. I think they play a little better on a hand held console. But again, maybe that's just me.

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1188s
Index - Back to Top