Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Caution to PS3 players - Yellow Light of Death
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#7  Posted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:42 pm  Reply with quote + 
plasm wrote:
Man, I know, right? The first computer my family had was running DOS. And that machine worked for a long, long. I don't know where it is now, and I don't know the last time that it has been turned on, but I would be that it would still work just as fine now as it did back then, because as far as I'm aware, it never broke.

fireball87 wrote:
I have my grandfathers hand assembled kit computer from the late 70s, it still works too.

My bro and I's older game consoles still work. Granted, some of them require struggle to get to work (the NES, in particular), but they at least work and you can play their games. None of that "intended failing" stuff back then.

I'd really like it if Sony had a better plan for this stuff, cuz I don't have $150 plus on me, just to get a refurbished console that may just crap out on me again a couple of months later. I could possibly try fixing it myself, the more economical option, but seeing as I've never done smoldering before, I'm not exactly confident in my skills. lol

Rapidkirby3k wrote:
Just like the red rings of death, the yellow light of death never affected me at all. However, I do hope that it doesn't happen to me anytime soon. Thanks for the warning!

No problem. Just trying to spread the word of this.

Hammer Bomber wrote:
Never had any expectations the longevity of SONY hardware after my PSone stopped reading disks two weeks after the warranty expired due to a design flaw where the heat didn't exit the machine properly and warped the components, causing the lazer to point in the wrong direction

Yeah, our PS2's are starting to have this problem with our PS2 games. With the one I'm using, I'm figuring out what games I can play that work other then DMC3. lol Kind of annoyed I can't play RE4 or Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne without them screwing up, but oh well. I can deal I guess.

Hammer wrote:
I have a slim PS3 and have it propped up with GBA cartridges so it doesn't touch the table in the hope that the extra layer of air may avoid this happening again

I personally don't recommend doing this. Unless you really don't care about those GBA games.

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1196s
Index - Back to Top