Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Bomberman Jetterz - A Look Back
KakaoMinze
Bomberdude

Post#14  Posted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:27 pm  Reply with quote + 
Why does this all remind me on the discussion about Sonic X in earlier days in some other community boards? |D

I don't know if Bomberman Jetterz would stand a fair chance in the USA or different countries because like BlueBomberman said, there aren't much Bomberman-fans around anymore like back in the 90's.
Never played the Jetterz games because they never got released in Germany, but I do watched a few playthrough's on Youtube (japanese and english, of course) and I was... very shocked about the voice actors they used for several characters.

Shirobon and Mujoe where really okay, it was a fair and fitting choice, but the others... heck, Birdy sounded awful! I actually love many english voice actors, but THOSE were just horrible... sorry to say that, folks :c

But since we are talking about the Animation to the franchise, let's go back to topic.

I would say: give it at least a chance and vote for it!
I mean come on, it was a very wonderful animated series, the story was very deep and emotional at many points and funny as hell.
Of course it wasn't very serious at the beginning, but every Anime is acting like that at first and gets darker and emotional later on - so it's nothing you could complain about.

I'm mostly worried about the voice actors at that point, that is a very hard point to stick out to fit a character in the way he/she is. It's impossible to fit the characters 1 to 1 with their original voice, but I'm sure there ARE some actors that can at least fit A BIT into them.
Cutting the story? There is no reason for me to cut something out of any episodes. It's a kid's show so there shouldn't be anything that could give them a reason to do that.

Maybe the TV show could RISE the interests for the series instead of tearing it down. Who knows? You can't tell if people don't try it.

One of our German TelevisionProviders called "RTL2" tried to get the licenses for the Bomberman Jetterz TV Show, but they didn't got them and no one really knows why. Maybe because the TV Show was just totally new at that time so they wanted to air it first in japan and give licenses later on if there still is a interest.

It's really sad that especially the JETTERZ Franchise hasn't caught much attention here in Germany and other Countries. Though many people LOVE the TV show, it's hard to get other people attracted to watch it if you talk about it. It's "too childish" and such. I guess people always complain about it without a reson, since you can't tell if it's bad or not if you haven't watched it before.

I only can say that I caught a few friends from a German Sonic Community Board that know AND love Bomberman Jetterz, which really surprised me! And also I sometimes got people into the TV Show and they tell they love it :3

Best we can do is trying to get the Series up, or at least you people of America ;3
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.0809s
Index - Back to Top