Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Missingno
KakaoMinze
Bomberdude

Post#13  Posted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:14 pm  Reply with quote + 
Sorry to put that up again, but the MissingNo is always the same no matter what generation you are playing :3

I still do play Pokemon and never encountered MissingNo in any of the generation 2 till 4, but you can activate "it" while using a action replay code (like Flame Sky listed them). You can encounter "it" still, but "it" always has a different "design". In Pearl/Diamond/Platinum for an example "it" appears as a white box that is surrounded by the sparkles that a shiny pokemon has when you found one, while in Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald "it" appears as an "?", in the shape of the Pokedex entries when you haven't seen a pokemon yet.

Though I don't know what they do they still exist, you just can't face it in the open space anymore. Nintendo learned about it, but still people like to play around with the game's datas to encounter several things in the game you can't do while playing it normally.

Oh, and I saw that I was writing something about it a few years ago :3

I need to state that MissingoNo never corrupted a single data, he only slowed things down or corrupted the pokemon league's hall of fame graphics. You should never give "it" a potion to refill "it"'s HP's though because it acts like ENDLESS.

Other than that, you can give "it" many of those level-up candy's until "it" reaches level 0. Sometimes it can evolve into a Clefairy or a Kangaskhan. If you try to trade "it" to Pokemon Stadium 2 "it" evolves into a Ditto, if you trade "it" from Red/Blue/Yellow to Silver/Gold/Crystal, "it" evolves into a Porygon2.

Don't worry, I tried them all by myself so nothing bad happened~ I just made a big mistake and really saved in that glitched-up town you can activate via the Safari Zone trick (Red/Blue/Yellow), so my game's data got corrupted. MissingNo itself never made something bad besides of "freezing" my game when I gave "it" a potion.

You can find lot more details over it here: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Missingno.

I know I sound like a nerd when it comes down to this, but there are so many "mysteries" about it that this big pokemon-wikipedia site called "bulbapedia" made an own section about it so people can see how it does react to the game's data. Well for all who don't know much about it I put up that link for the site ;3
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1181s
Index - Back to Top