Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Secret of Evermore
KakaoMinze
Bomberdude

Post#7  Posted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:44 pm  Reply with quote + 
Dear lord, I really remember this game, it was my second most loved RPG back in the SNES generation.

It was very easy to get into the options of the game when you have played the "original version" - Secret of Mana. Square-Enix of America produced Secret of Evermore and took most ideas for the game's playbasic from it's japanese origin Secret of Mana, they felt like it would fit the best if they produce something that is similar to the franchise, but someway with more darker bosses and more typical slapstick jokes.

Of course I laughed at first because it looked like a bad copy from Secret of Mana, but later on I realized that it was on purpose. Let's say they did some kind of "parody" to the original game, but still it was a very wellknown and awesome game!

The idea with the dog that changed his shape when you entered a different era was just awesome and sweet, and it's sad to see that ideas like that are not very common in the game's franchises, and the slapstick jokes in the game were just hilarious.

Of course there are a few differences between the English original and the German language when it comes down to the humor, but it's always hard to get a joke into a different language that makes sense and points out the joke of it, or... irony/sarcasm, whatever.

But I remembered the forest-labyrinth in that game. I really lost my sight very often in that part. And I still hate the very first boss! Always had my problems with him because in earlier days I never cared much about the Level of my characters and the alchemy-spells.

Still it was an awesome game and I'm playing it even nowadays! :3
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1509s
Index - Back to Top