BombermanBoard Forum Index BombermanBoard
Bomberman Community

Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Disappointing games/companies/people?
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#32  Posted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:30 pm  Reply with quote + 
Duke Serkol wrote:
Regulus 777 wrote:
Since it's doing decently you can probably expect the series to most likely be ruined from this point forward.

OR IS IT? Dun, dun, dun!!!

I don't know what's up with gaming developers and expecting to hit over a (insert number other then 1 or 2 here) million in sales these days. It's such a ridiculously unrealistic number. The only games that sell that much are Generic FPS 4: Killing Spree Edition and other games that "casual gamers" play. Metroid isn't what I'd call a casual gamer title.

Not that I'm angry about it or anything. Based on what I've heard from other Metroid fans, Other Emo is a crappy game. It's just these "announcements" where a title hits over a million sales and then the company deemed the sales to be "not good enough" are incredibly annoying. Same thing happened with Devil May Cry 4.

Duke Serkol wrote:
Razon wrote:
I don't think that they'll keep making the metroid games like this from now on for the series (though it's possible that there could be a sequel), as the normal FPS versions of the games didn't bomb compared as far as I'm informed on the matter.

Other Emo did spectacularly in Japan, where the Prime games pretty much bombed... so that's the exact reverse of sales in the rest of the world.
I'm not sure what that tells us about Japan really. I mean seriously, how can they love Tower of Druaga and hate non-linear Metroid games? WTF??

I believe I read somewhere that FPS games aren't really popular in Japan. With that in mind, it wouldn't surprise me that the Prime series didn't do as well as the other ones in Japan. Even though I don't care for FPS games, I loved Prime. I don't think one can correctly say that the Prime games are FPS games. They just use the first person perspective camera angle.

Duke Serkol wrote:
On that note... this is the disappointing games thread, so I'll take the chance to say: the first Paper Mario was a disappointment to me. I liked Super Mario RPG much better. This probably due to only two things: the story and style seemed much more epic and grandiose (think the fight with Exor) and support characters were handled terribly in PM (one hit and they have to skip the next turn? What??)
Thankfully both of those issues were "fixed" in PM:TTYD, so I absolutely loved that one.

I can totally see where you're coming from with this. Even though I kind of liked Paper Mario, it was no Super Mario RPG. TTYD was one of those rare cases were the sequel actually was better then the source.

Mighty wrote:
what exactly are the RPGs you guys tend to focus on (And that also have a US release)?

I'm going to assume you mean "genre" of RPGs.

I dunno, I can like any of them. It depends on how well they are handled. Of course, a good story is a must with RPGs and the gameplay should be fun and not feel like a chore. With that in mind, I've been playing mostly Action RPGs (Ys Oath in Felgania and Phantasy Star Portable 2 as of late) and Strategy/Tactical RPGs (Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness) lately.

IMO, I'd say Pokemon is more of a traditional Turn Based RPG in game mechanics and style. I'm not really too familiar with Monster Hunter, but based on what I've seen/know, I guess one can call that more of an Action RPG.

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1519s
Index - Back to Top