BombermanBoard Forum Index BombermanBoard
Bomberman Community

Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Disappointing games/companies/people?
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#31  Posted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:58 am  Reply with quote + 
Regulus 777 wrote:
Since it's doing decently you can probably expect the series to most likely be ruined from this point forward.

OR IS IT? Dun, dun, dun!!!

Regulus 777 wrote:
That does seem to be the trend nowadays. If the kids bought the crap we'll make more of it since they're gonna buy it regardless of the amount of effort we'll put in.

Yeah, that's the philosophy that got us from Ocarina of Time's ten dungeons to The Wind Waker's six (with others having been planned and scrapped since no one really gave two shits).

Razon wrote:
I don't think that they'll keep making the metroid games like this from now on for the series (though it's possible that there could be a sequel), as the normal FPS versions of the games didn't bomb compared as far as I'm informed on the matter.

Other Emo did spectacularly in Japan, where the Prime games pretty much bombed... so that's the exact reverse of sales in the rest of the world.
I'm not sure what that tells us about Japan really. I mean seriously, how can they love Tower of Druaga and hate non-linear Metroid games? WTF??

Razon wrote:
Say with super paper mario, that game was different then the main paper mario series (though it didn't reel me in like the normal paper mario style games). Even though it did well, and was the best seller in the paper mario series for that matter. As can now be seen on the 3DS, they're making an original style paper mario game again. So there's hope that metroid won't crash and burn like some game series have, no matter how well the Other M version of it does.

We can only hope, yes.
Unfortunately, as I mentioned, this game was preceded by Fusion in some of its biggest flaws, so what Nintendo needs to do is wisen up and give Sakamoto the "Gunpey Yokoi Virtual Boy treatment".
...which means putting him somewhere he can't do anymore damage, not have him run over by a car, if you were wondering.
Also irony since Yokoi is the guy that made Metroid (and is probably performing the Screw Attack in his grave since Other Emo was released).

On that note... this is the disappointing games thread, so I'll take the chance to say: the first Paper Mario was a disappointment to me. I liked Super Mario RPG much better. This probably due to only two things: the story and style seemed much more epic and grandiose (think the fight with Exor) and support characters were handled terribly in PM (one hit and they have to skip the next turn? What??)
Thankfully both of those issues were "fixed" in PM:TTYD, so I absolutely loved that one.
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1502s
Index - Back to Top