BombermanBoard Forum Index BombermanBoard
Bomberman Community

Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Disappointing games/companies/people?
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#28  Posted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:26 pm  Reply with quote + 
Well, at least it sounds like you've made more of an effort to actually try some different things and open the mind a bit. Although you've mentioned some flaws it sounds like you still got moderate enjoyment out of some of the games so that's good.

There's always gonna be flaws in most games its really hard for anyone to find a game that they will enjoy every aspect of perfectly, It just really doesn't happen. There's always gonna be something you wish was different or extended etc.

Like I'd say some games deserve a 10 out of 10. it doesn't mean they're perfect in every way. It just means it's probably as close as it could have hoped to get.

As a comment I have to say I sympathize with you about the KH controls. It's always annoying when a game doesn't control smoothly. It is the most important aspect of any action-based game.

As for your closing question I'm not exactly sure what you mean by
Quote:
what exactly are the RPGs you guys tend to focus on

If you mean titles I've been focusing on recently, I've mostly been playing Ys:The Oath in Felghana for PSP which I've heartily enjoyed and finished this past week. Next time i pick it up I'll have a harder difficulty to play and more upgrades to get.

I've also been playing A GBA game from about 5 years ago called Sigma Star Saga. I bought it right when it came out got stuck about 4-5 hours in and put it down for awhile and eventually stalled it. So I started it over from the beginning about a month ago and I got one of the endings this past week. Overall I thought it was a pretty decent game. Its basically a horizontal shooter and RPG combo. You explore over-worlds or dungeons on planets and whenever there's a random battle you get warped into a fighter and basically play a shooter. The enemies you kill drop exp that levels you up and your ships will do more damage and you'll take less damage from enemy attacks. There's also bullet data you find on the planets that give your ship different types of shots like 3-way, wave beam, seeker missiles etc. Story was so-so I wish there was actually more dialogue and/or cut scenes. The OST was quite good and it was mostly fun to play alot of backtracking to explore more areas as you get new items and abilities so you can find more gun data to use and such. One other aspect I don't like about the game is you are given random styles of ships for the random battles so sometimes you get screwed with a ship that's too big and slow or too fast and you're forced to navigate tight corridors with it and probably lose tons of health or die repeatedly by crashing into walls.

Those are the 2 games I've been focusing on lately, if you mean what kinds of RPGs I focus on in general I usually like to play Tactical RPGs and Action RPGs the most, but anything with an anime theme can possibly catch my interest so when i buy RPGs thats usually what I'm looking for.

Also Duke Serkol I'm quite sure I won't be wasting my money on Metroid Other M now. heh heh

Since it's doing decently you can probably expect the series to most likely be ruined from this point forward. That does seem to be the trend nowadays. If the kids bought the crap we'll make more of it since they're gonna buy it regardless of the amount of effort we'll put in.

View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1463s
Index - Back to Top