BombermanBoard Forum Index BombermanBoard
Bomberman Community

Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Disappointing games/companies/people?
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#26  Posted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:44 pm  Reply with quote + 
Soniti 254 wrote:
Wow Duke. Sounds like Other M was probably your worst gaming experience ever, and I'm sorry to hear that.

Nah, like I said it's simply mediocre. If it was made by an indipendent developer I'd probably have a much better opinion of it. The problem is, this was supposed to be the next big Metroid game, the first 3D one made in Japan, by a famous team of developers. To say that expectations were high, would be a ridiculously blatant understatement.
I have unfortunately played worse games. Like that thing... that abomination which calls itself Megaman X7.

Soniti 254 wrote:
I guess I know not to bother trying this anytime soon. I'm not even sure if I'm going to buy it at all anymore.

I'd say you may give it a rent if you're curious. Who knows, if you don't mind a completely linear action game with a spammable invincibility move, clunky controls, obnoxious interruptions, nonsensical plot points and long loading times, you might actually get some fun out of it. I mean, half the fanbase seems to obstinately consider this a good game. I imagine the redeeming quality to them must be that... uh... It's Metroid! With moar plot! And uh... from Japan?
I've actually been to a board where they had a poll about the best 3D Metroid and this one got first place in a draw with Prime1. My brain exploded at that point. I'm told putting it back together was a real pain.

Soniti 254 wrote:
I've heard a lot about emo Samus in this game, and all of it just seems like it was ripped out of a really bad fanfiction. Seriously, Samus Aran confronted the Space Pirates with absolutely no fear several times before (and foiled all of their plans skillfully). But in this game, she's deathly afraid of fighting an enemy she defeated at least three times before? I call the Bullshit card right here.

Yeah, they just re-used a scene from the Zero Mission manga. In which it actually made sense, what with that being the first time she met him again since childhood... then again, on another hand, the vanishing suit did not make sense even in that context (oh and that shit happens again later on, in case it wasn't stupid enough the first time).
I have a fanon theory for lulz that Other Emo Samus is actually a clone of the real one programmed by the federation to obey her commander's orders unquestioningly and that this makes her less brave and capable :wink: 
That or Samus got plastered after her victory in Super Metroid and dreamed up the whole thing (worst nightmare ever).

Last edited by Duke Serkol on Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:00 am
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1226s
Index - Back to Top