BombermanBoard Forum Index BombermanBoard
Bomberman Community

Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Disappointing games/companies/people?
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#23  Posted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:36 am  Reply with quote + 
Duke Serkol wrote:
Regulus 777 wrote:
If I started talking about all the things in the industry that upset me I'd probably never shut up

This here is the reason I haven't posted in this topic before.

But now I have to wonder, how is it this thread hasn't been devoted entirely to Metroid Other M?
Rarely have I ever seen such a huge amount of fail in a sequel to one of Nintendo's core franchises. I've seen most people complain about the story and characterization to the point where I'm starting to suspect these aspects may have been designed to be bitched about in order to draw attention away from the horrid gameplay.
This thing takes the mandatory linearity of Fusion and complements it with the worst controls I've experienced in a 3D game since MegamanX7. It doesn't feel at all like a Metroid game, and I'd only consider it passable if it was a third party game made by a small emergent developer.

Oh man, more depressing news huh?

I loved Super Metroid but wasn't personally able to make the transition to the newer 1st person games. I couldn't get into it though I have to admit they still had a very Metroid like feel and atmosphere. I just don't like 1st person games much so I haven't been too into the series lately. i think the last one i tried out was Fusion which seemed decent IMO.

Either way its sad to hear that even many of those fans that still enjoyed the series after it went 3D are disappointed with this one. Bummer.

View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1591s
Index - Back to Top