BombermanBoard Forum Index BombermanBoard
Bomberman Community

Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Disappointing games/companies/people?
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#20  Posted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:07 am  Reply with quote + 
Soniti 254 wrote:
If it's the gameplay you didn't like, you can probably blame Team Ninja, as they were the ones who helped develop the game. If it's story you didn't like, then Nintendo is probably to blame

Yeah... how about both? this game pretty much did nothing right.

Soniti 254 wrote:
Either way, I haven't heard a lot of good things regarding the game, which is unfortunate because I love Metroid.

Tell me about it, it's my second favorite franchise.

Soniti 254 wrote:
The gameplay didn't look bad

That's just the thing: it's made to look good, not to be good.

Soniti 254 wrote:
If I were to try it, I'd probably get it used or something. Probably not anytime soon though.

You probably would, but it's not worth it because this it not a real Metroid game. How do you define a Metroid game?
Excellent gameplay and controls? This one doesn't have that, its controls are atrocious and broken making the gameplay alternatingly frustrating or bland.
Free exploration? No such thing. This game has no exploration other than hidden power ups, let alone free. It's even worse than Fusion in this regard (and like in that game, doors will arbitrarily lock you out of sections you already visited, so you better feel like figuring out how to get that extra missile RIGHT NOW).
Is it the sense of isolation as you move through an alien landscape? Forget about that, this game has so much dialogue your ears will fall off. Especially grating because, as everyone knows, Samus is emo in this one. It wouldn't even be so bad if the excuse not to use vital items wasn't pure manure.

I could write a megapost detailing exactly how the controls make this game suck, if you'd like. But I need to know, what's the policy of this board on swearing?

Last edited by Duke Serkol on Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:03 am
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1543s
Index - Back to Top