BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Inafune quits Capcom
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#47  Posted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:34 am  Reply with quote + 
Duke Serkol wrote:
Soniti 254 wrote:
The thing is, with Mario, the games don't really need much of a story. The story is there simply to give the game some background, not at all unlike classic Mega Man. The games are really all about gameplay.

I suppose so, but I'm rather bored with the basic "Bowser kidnapped Peach, go save her!" plot.
I liked how the older games would always try to introduce some new spin (like the Koopalings in Mario 3 or Bowser attempting to subdue Dinosaur Land instead of the Mushroom Kingdom in World).

It's still basically the same story though. And most people in general don't play Mario games for the story. I mean, what do you want for a story in a Mario game?

Duke Serkol wrote:
Soniti 254 wrote:
lol Yeah, things definitely did not work out for the humans. Even in the X games there were times when humans were forced underground because of pollution and stuff.

The Earth Crisis of X5 yeah. That was originally intended to be the reason things had gotten so bad in the Zero series. Then Capcom made more X games, ones in which the world was pretty much back to normal, so Inafune had to come up with the Cyber Elf Wars background in Zero 2 to explain the post apocalyptic setting. This is quite the pet peeve for me as well (Inafune was livid about it).

Again, that's because Capcom wanted more money to be printed, so they continued making X games even though Inafune wanted the series to end at X5. The more games they make, the harder it's going to be connect them all in a way that still makes sense.

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1669s
Index - Back to Top