Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Inafune quits Capcom
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#46  Posted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:04 pm  Reply with quote + 
Soniti 254 wrote:
The thing is, with Mario, the games don't really need much of a story. The story is there simply to give the game some background, not at all unlike classic Mega Man. The games are really all about gameplay.

I suppose so, but I'm rather bored with the basic "Bowser kidnapped Peach, go save her!" plot.
I liked how the older games would always try to introduce some new spin (like the Koopalings in Mario 3 or Bowser attempting to subdue Dinosaur Land instead of the Mushroom Kingdom in World).

Soniti 254 wrote:
I never had much of a chance at playing the old Gameboy ones and I always figured that most of them were just "retellings" of the games that the robot Masters originated.

The first one does basically sum up as "Wily is at it again" much like MM2, but it throws in the first Megaman Hunter, Enker.
The second one has a particularly weird plot, with Wily going into a peaceful future, kidnapping Megaman and turning him into Quint to fight against present Megaman. The third one has Wily trying to seize the world's energy resources and in the fourth he uses a signal to make robots go nuts all over the place.
The fifth one, as you may know, is completely original (both in terms of plot and enemies/stages).

Soniti 254 wrote:
So... Who thought that putting powerful robots on display in a museum was a good idea?

Good question :hilarious: 

Soniti 254 wrote:
lol Yeah, things definitely did not work out for the humans. Even in the X games there were times when humans were forced underground because of pollution and stuff.

The Earth Crisis of X5 yeah. That was originally intended to be the reason things had gotten so bad in the Zero series. Then Capcom made more X games, ones in which the world was pretty much back to normal, so Inafune had to come up with the Cyber Elf Wars background in Zero 2 to explain the post apocalyptic setting. This is quite the pet peeve for me as well (Inafune was livid about it).

Soniti 254 wrote:
I think you took my "expiration dates" comment a bit too literally. Perhaps I should have just said that they "lived their lifespans" instead.

Ah, I see... well it's possible. We'd have to assume though that their durability was not even close to that of X and Zero. By the time of Command Mission they should be about a hundred years old, meaning that in the Zero series they are pluricentenaries.
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1898s
Index - Back to Top