Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Inafune quits Capcom
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#37  Posted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:10 pm  Reply with quote + 
Soniti 254 wrote:
I think what DarkFire was trying to say was that Duo's return in Power Fighters was probably more so just to have him as an additional playable character, and possibly adding in some more plot in the franchise was just an additional bonus (which, IMO, is pretty spot on).

It could be, but is it probable? I wouldn't say that, not when in the very same game Wily shows us Zero's schematics and says he has another project to go along with it. Not when the maverick virus is revealed to have come from space.

Soniti 254 wrote:
You also have to keep in mind that Power Battles/Fighters were originally Japanese exclusive arcade games until they saw a release as unlockable games in Mega Man Anniversary collection. With that (and what kind of games they are) in mind, I'm not sure if the events that occurred in Power Fighters and Battles should even be considered canon.

So to sum up what you just said, you're suggesting that the most plot heavy games in a Japanese franchise that is otherwise light on plot should not be considered canon... because they were initially only available in Japan?
Apart from the fact that Power Battles was distributed in the west as an arcade game, that is a pretty self centered opinion for us to stand by ("If them Japanese did not let us play it, then it doesn't exist"). Nor is the fact that their gameplay's different a valid reason to discount them as non-canon. That'd be like saying that Zelda 2 is not canon because it was viewed from the side and had experience points. Or that Four Sword Adventures is not canon because it is too linear and multiplayer oriented.
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.0786s
Index - Back to Top