Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Entertainment Talk
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Anime Discussions
Razon
Board Admin

Post#59  Posted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:27 pm  Reply with quote + 
Finally got around to making this post, a longer wait let me judge the animes better. I grabbed 10 animes this season in total which is quite a few, 3 of them being sequals. That brings my total current animes that I'm watching to 18, it averages out to about an hour of anime to watch each day which is nice. Normally always have something to watch this way, since I don't have a back log of animes to watch.

I'd like to make a list of all the animes that I've watched at some point, but as the number is around 250-300 or so I probably won't be doing it anytime soon- even if it was a smaller number I would still have to check through a long list of animes.

Gonna list the animes I'm watching this season starting from favorite to least favorite.

Bakuman
Arakawa Under the Bridge x Bridge (sequal)
Shinryaku! Ika Musume
Letter Bee Reverse (sequal)
Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai
Iron Man
Yumeiro Patissiere SP Professional (sequal)
Shinrei Tantei Yakumo
Fortune Arterial Akai Yakusoku
Otome Youkai Zakuro

Bakuman
I wasn't expecting much from this anime, but it's turned out to be quite interesting. It's original in the story aspect, as it tells a story about creating manga to become an anime. Which if you're watching anime or reading manga to begin with, seeing how such goes about getting done may have an appeal to it. But of course the character's aren't bad as well, and they're keeping the story progressing. Also I wouldn't recommend reading the description for this anime on anidb before watching, as it gives away the entire first episode.

Arakawa Under the Bridge x Bridge
If you liked the first season then you'll like the second, the story is starting to get moving and the comedy is good as always.

Shinryaku! Ika Musume
A comedy about a human squid girl that comes to land degesou, it's the kind of show that won't end much different then it began degesou. The main character really doesn't have much reason to stick around there degesou, and could easily pay for the hole in the wall if she got a real part time job somewhere for a day or two degesou. Degesou, degesou, degesou- "spits ink out".

Letter Bee Reverse
It's best when the story is moving, there's lots of unrelated side stories. Same can be said for the first season, but the first season's story didn't really start moving until the end.

Ore no Imouto
Where the plot is going is pretty predictable, it's still alright so far though. There's been the pattern twice already of the main male lead sacrificing his pride and the other person's opinion of him to end a tricky situtuation that his sister's in, it would be disappointing if they keep re-using this. I don't believe it will go down the path of incest, but we'll likely get a few more hints, jokes and situations aimed at that.

Iron Man
Didn't start out too good, but it's been getting better.

Yumeiro Patissiere SP Professional
The first season wasn't too good, but the second season has been entertaining so far.

The animes that I'd recommend from this season, for a normal story I'd say Bakuman. And for a comedy Shinryaku! Ika Musume and Ore no Imouto. Sequal wise I've been enjoying Arakawa 2 quite a bit, it's one of my favorites from this season- and Letter Bee Reverse is just starting to get into some story now.

OVA wise I've watched the To Aru Kagaku one, and have around 7-8 on my list that I'm considering checking out. Not sure about many of them, so I won't bother listing any of here. Most of them aren't released yet, and there's not much to say about a 1 or 2 episode OVA anyway. As for songs, there aren't many OPs or EDs that I really like from this animes season's first batch, some from the continuing animes are good.

The long running animes that I'm watching are.

One Piece
Detective Conan
Fairy Tail
Inazuma Eleven

One Piece and Fairy Tail are good, Fairy Tail is a bit fanserve oriented though. Detective Conan is long and has a lot of unimportant case solving over and over again, when the story moves it's good however. Hope that the author actually finishes it in their lifetime, honestly considering the current pace that it's moving at.

Animes that started earlier this year that I'm watching are.

Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu
Shiki
Katanagatari
Amagami SS

Shiki though it didn't start good, got a lot better and has me reeled in wanting to know what's going to happen next, and watch the story play out. The legend of legendary heroes has been good throughout the entire series.
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Entertainment Talk All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1671s
Index - Back to Top