Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#30  Posted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:36 pm  Reply with quote + 
Duke Serkol wrote:
Soniti 254 wrote:
Duke Serkol wrote:
Soniti 254 wrote:
I didn't know that the Maverick Virus apparently came from outer space

It's been revealed only recently, with the release of Megaman Zero Collection on DS.

That would explain it. The only progress I made in the Zero series was not quite finishing the first game. Maybe I'll check that Zero Collection, I thought the first game had some kind of neat ideas.

Oh it wasn't not revealed in the game but in an official statement when the game was released, which was conveniently only a short while after MM10 came out.
And if you didn't get very far because of how hard the first Zero game was, then you can certainly benefit from the collection as an easy mode of sorts was added to it (it gives you everything from the start. Some people actually say it's nearly "press button to win" easy)

I found the first game to be pretty difficult, but I did get pretty far in the game (I got somewhere in X's base). I don't wish to play an easier difficulty of the game if it's really that easy though. I'd feel no accomplishment in doing so.

Duke Serkol wrote:
Soniti 254 wrote:
In that case, perhaps the "Zero Virus" was a sample of Evil Energy that Wily kept hidden, experimenting on it until he could find a use for it?

If by experimenting you mean "finding some way to turn it into a computer virus or make one out of it", I'm sold.

If that was how Wily made use of the Evil Energy, then sure.

Duke Serkol wrote:
Soniti 254 wrote:
I believe that Zero was possibly Wily's "next step up" from Bass as X was Light's "next step up" from Mega Man. Or perhaps Wily managed to snag some blueprints from Light regarding X, and made his own "X" from scratch?

It's hard to tell really. It's possible Light and Wily came onto the same breakthrough at the same time (this has happened in the real world without the people involved even knowing one another). Furthermore, it's possible X and Zero were based on the technology of Duo and his nemesis, the space robot that carried Evil Energy within itself.
Or it could be Wily acquired the knowledge to make Zero either by, yes, stealing Light's blue prints or perhaps from the future when he used the time skimmer (yeah that was long before the end of the series, but retro enginering ain't easy).
I would rate the blueprints idea the lowest since Light supposedly only started working on X after Power Battles, which is after bass stole blueprints in MM7 (those were probably just for the Super Adaptor).
And shortly thereafter we have MM8 and Power Fighters at the end of which we know Wily has started Zero and some "other project". So yeah, my money's on the space robots inspiration.

Inspiration seems the most likely, but Wily has been known to stoop to low levels to get what he wants. He'll do anything to defeat his archnemesis. So stealing Light's ideas and making his own version is also a strong possibility, I think.

Duke Serkol wrote:
Soniti 254 wrote:
And instead of waiting 30 years to open him like Light did with X, wily was much too eager to use it and infected Zero with Evil Energy.

But Zero was left in a capsule too for some reason. Some people speculate that Wily simply wants Zero to destroy Light's masterpiece, X, and therefore left him in a capsule specifically to wake up when X did. Others presume there was some problem with the virus that made this necessary.

The first seemed to be strongly implied, as Wily appeared before Zero in his dream in X4. I believe he said something along the lines of how defeating his nemesis was one of his biggest motivations in life and he then ordered Zero to destroy him.

Duke Serkol wrote:
Soniti 254 wrote:
I think the result of Zero awakening would be similar to the Cataclysm mentioned in the Bob and George comic.

Okay, then let's throw Duo in as well to fulfill his promise to come by again. That ought to be enough :wink: 

Now you're just talking crazy. :oops: 

Duke Serkol wrote:
Soniti 254 wrote:
I suppose that would be a good idea. lol I guess Mega Man/X believed that they would not need them anymore after their final battle with Wily/Sigma.

I once discussed the sanity of imprisoning Omega on an orbiting spaceship rather than either just destroying him or sending him into deep space never to return. I was told: Hey, it's "Let's all hold hands!" X, did you really expect him to kill a subdued prisoner (albeit dangerously crazy)?

Again, I didn't get too far into the Zero series, so I can't really comment.

Duke Serkol wrote:
Soniti 254 wrote:
Well, like I said, if someone were to reprogram or even flat out replace the Reploid's brain into more of a robotic one that follows set rules and patterns, they can't exactly rebel now, can they?

And as I said replacing the brain would work. Just programming it to act like a robot... I'd keep my fingers crossed. Even while asleep.
Either way CapcomScience makes it pointless as demonstrated by the CopyReploids.

In the end, I guess so. As long as the "Justice and love shall always win" ideology lives, anything Sigma (or whoever the villain would be) would do is pointless in the end.

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1331s
Index - Back to Top