Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Inafune quits Capcom
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#28  Posted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:28 pm  Reply with quote + 
Duke Serkol wrote:
Soniti 254 wrote:
I didn't know that the Maverick Virus apparently came from outer space

It's been revealed only recently, with the release of Megaman Zero Collection on DS.

That would explain it. The only progress I made in the Zero series was not quite finishing the first game. Maybe I'll check that Zero Collection, I thought the first game had some kind of neat ideas.

Duke Serkol wrote:
Soniti 254 wrote:
Also, I always interpreted the Zero Virus as Wily's evil programing.

Sigma apparently was infected while fighting Zero, meaning the Zero virus existed as such (a virus) before the Sigma one. I believe according to X5 it actually is its "purified" form.
There was some mishap concerning Zero and the virus on Wily's part (something did not go as he had planned) but we don't know exactly what. Either way, Zero was clearly designed to function together with the virus as he reacts positively to it unlike any reploids.
Interestingly, in the oncoming Online game Duo will be immune to the virus which again seems to indicate the virus as originated from the evil energy of MM8.

In that case, perhaps the "Zero Virus" was a sample of Evil Energy that Wily kept hidden, experimenting on it until he could find a use for it?

Duke Serkol wrote:
Soniti 254 wrote:
Perhaps Wily "perfected" replicating Mega Man technology, maybe too much so, and rather then fixing the root of Mega Man's goodheartedness and going through presumably millions of lines of code, Wily took the easy way out and created additional programming that kept Zero in check and did as he was ordered.

X and Zero are both more advanced than Megaman was. He was the same (from a technological standpoint) as the robot masters, so the closest you get to having a Wily made Megaman would be Bass or MMShadow.
According to Protoman in Megaman & Bass, the only thing that allows him to keep winning time and time again is that he doesn't fight for selfish reasons but to protect others. This, naturally, is another instance of CapcomScience.
I would imagine one of the virus' original purposes was to keep Zero (a free willed robot like X) under Wily's control.

I believe that Zero was possibly Wily's "next step up" from Bass as X was Light's "next step up" from Mega Man. Or perhaps Wily managed to snag some blueprints from Light regarding X, and made his own "X" from scratch? And instead of waiting 30 years to open him like Light did with X, wily was much too eager to use it and infected Zero with Evil Energy.

Duke Serkol wrote:
Soniti 254 wrote:
Also, if Zero did go and fight Mega Man with his "true power," it'd probably end with Mega Man getting his ass handed to him on a silver platter. I mean, X was barely able to defeat Zero with that power, and we know X is more powerful then Mega Man. Heck, even Sigma, one of the most powerful Maverick Hunters at the time, only beat true Zero by the skin of his teeth.

Even CapcomScience has its limits, is that what you mean to say? Well, suppose Zero was yet to be completed or that Megaman, Protoman and Bass (+CapcomScience) all ganged up on him. How about that?

I still think Zero would beat them all without too much problem. Zero is Wily's most powerful creation, and he's more then capable of doing them in. I think the result of Zero awakening would be similar to the Cataclysm mentioned in the Bob and George comic.

Duke Serkol wrote:
Soniti 254 wrote:
As for copy weapons, maybe they store the data they observed while fighting unto their processors and just replicate them to the best of their abilities?

Not quite. The enemy robot/reploids needs to be taken apart first. In the first Megaman you would phisically collect parts of the destroyed enemy. Later on, particles have been shown to be gathered after the explosion. Eventually, with later X games, it was revealed that X copies enemies weapons by acquiring Reploid DNA (eugh...), the same thing Axl uses to change into other reploids (Axl was made by Sigma and Red Alert after obtaining and finally making sense of X's data, so Axl and the Copy Reploids are essentially a further development of X's copy technology)

...good God I need a life.

I stand corrected, then.

Duke Serkol wrote:
Soniti 254 wrote:
perhaps keeping the data of each and every weapon that has been acquired would just be too much for Mega Man/X's processor? I'm sure even X's CPU has a limited storage space, and Mega Man is even more simplistic compared to X.

That could explain it yes... still you'd expect them to do the smart thing like Megaman in Disgruntled Ferret's webcomic and make copies of the weapon data so they can dig up the most useful ones before going on a mission :wink: 

I suppose that would be a good idea. lol I guess Mega Man/X believed that they would not need them anymore after their final battle with Wily/Sigma.

Duke Serkol wrote:
Soniti 254 wrote:
Perhaps you can't make an old computer function like a new one, but whose to say that you can't make a new free-willed robot into an perfectly controlled and obedient one with no free-will?

I imagine that would be kind of like a James Bond villain trying to make himself reliable slaves by hypnotizing/lobotomizing exceptionally strong people. Better hope everything works exactly as planned...

Well, like I said, if someone were to reprogram or even flat out replace the Reploid's brain into more of a robotic one that follows set rules and patterns, they can't exactly rebel now, can they? :wink: 

Duke Serkol wrote:
Soniti 254 wrote:
So I guess if one's "sense of justice" is strong enough, they can defeat even the most powerful robot? Silly Capcom. lol

Yeah that pretty much sums it up.
Sigma had a lot of trouble accepting thi, especially in X8 ("You couldn't!")

"Justice and love shall always win!"

Duke Serkol wrote:
Regulus 777 wrote:
This is quite a debate going on here. It's been fun to read. I can almost picture the two of your online persona standing at a podium addressing a small audience in a conference room.

Vote Serkol 20XX!

:cry: 

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1372s
Index - Back to Top