[Replies: 3]  [Views: 1747]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Entertainment Talk

Ashtarth
Bomberdude

Post#1  Posted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:36 am  Reply with quote + 
I know TokiAlbatou might like this :happy: 

Quote:
Panty and Stocking are angels who were kicked out of heaven due to their bad behavior. They are sent to Daten City (a pun on the Japanese word, "datenshi" (堕天使 lit. Fallen Angel?) ), a place located somewhere between heaven and hell, where strange monsters called "Ghosts" start terrorizing the place. Under the watchful eye of Reverend Garterbelt, it's up to Panty and Stocking to destroy these Ghosts, and by doing so they receive Heaven Coins which will allow them back into heaven.

I just love this show... it's like when Japanese animation is influenced by Western animation which is also influenced by Japanese animation. It also reminds me of Powerpuff Girls for some reason.. (but with much more crude and adult humour)

Anyway, the main characters are of course, Panty and Stocking. Panty being a "celebrity blonde" who is addicted to sex and Stocking, a "gothic lolita" who has a gluttonous appetite for desserts and sweet food. They each can transform their underwear and socks to form weapons, Guns for Panty and swords for Stocking.

There are alot of sexual themes and crude humour in this show, so don't watch this around your parents, kids. I hope you love this as much as I do. The bright colourful Western animation with Japanese really wins me over <3
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#2  Posted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:32 pm  Reply with quote + 
I watched the first episode back when it came out and though pretty funny, it was incredibly ridiculous. What is up with Gainax lately?

I haven't kept up with watching anymore of it but I have been downloading them as they come out and will watch em eventually.

Although I have to say the expensive looking transformation scene with the crazy disco sounding music was amazing...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEpy0znKHWs

I'm still totally dumbstruck with a smile on my face when i watch this scene.
View user profile Send Private Message
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#3  Posted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:19 pm  Reply with quote + 
I saw the first episode of this.

One of the most ridiculous things I've ever watched. But it was pretty humorous. Liked how it was essentially a parody of Western cartoons, which are somewhat inspired by Japanese cartoons? A pretty large amount of crude and adult humor though, which not everyone may like.

And yeah, the transformation sequence Reg brought up is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen, but it made me smile so I guess that's a good thing.

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
View user profile Send Private Message
TokiAlbatou
Bomberman

Post#4  Posted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:27 am  Reply with quote + 
I've heard about this like a few days ago. Think I'll look into it, though I'm currently still finishing the list of shows that I want to finish :cry:  Oh well I'll give it a shot when I have time :B
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Entertainment Talk All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1325s
Index - Back to Top