Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Inafune quits Capcom
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#24  Posted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:03 pm  Reply with quote + 
Soniti 254 wrote:
Perhaps, but what could've they done instead that wasn't done before? I think the only original thing left they can do is make it so Wily wasn't actually the villain (that would be a real surprise lol).

Well, for one thing, Megaman 10's subtitle in Japan is "The menace from outer space!"
Seeing as Dr.Wily has had spacestations before as his castles, I don't think that alone explains the subtitle... so I suspect the roboenza virus originates from outer space (a derivate of the evil energy from MM8 perhaps?). I would have liked them to capitalize on that rather than have the whole "Wily is innocent this time... oh wait he's not! Again!". Perhaps draw a connection to the Zero virus (I think it's actually been stated that the Maverick Virus originated from space... outside of games, of course v_v)... and seeing as this is MM10 and there's a certain sense of finality to it (fighting bosses from all 9 previous games) how about having the Megaman VS Zero fight already? I'm not even one of those guys that want to see Megaman and all the rest of the cast die, just have them fight to a tie then Zero malfunctions and needs to be put in a capsule.

Or hey... how about finally telling us what became of Quint Capcom??
>_<

Soniti 254 wrote:
Okay, I can deal with this explanation (even though you can tell this is something they made up much later and decided to use that as a explanation).

Definitely later than X1 yeah. Wouldn't really know when though, if already by X5 or only with Zero3.

Soniti 254 wrote:
Although I'm still not sure why making a dozen sets of armor for X to use was really necessary. But whateves, that's a question that will never be answered.

Actually that's easily answered. The armors wear down (I'm sure you're not using a computer with parts made ten years ago right? And your PC hasn't been through battle either, not counting flamewars). Therefore X has to throw them away and Light keeps making better ones because he cares.
It is only by X5 that someone (Alia) comes along who's able to fix/replicate X's armors.
Rather I've always wondered about copied weapons...

Soniti 254 wrote:
The only real thing that separates Reploids from robots is that Reploids can think for themselves while robots just do as they are programmed. If Sigma just had his spare bodies reprogrammed to be more like typical robots, they would still be as strong as the body was designed.

It's not that simple, you can't reprogram an Amiga into performing like a modern day Mac. Reploids are made ina fundamentally different way than robots, it's not just programming. And trying to make a machine capable of thinking for itself work like one that isn't doesn't sound like a very good plan... but yeah, you could just as well put a regular robot brain into a Sigma body I suppose.
Even so, Capcom has a habit of making science cry (Reploid DNA anyone?) and they have this fixation on reploid spirits being a determining factor in how strong a reploid is (especially in the Zero series with the copies of X and Zero not being up to their originals) so yeah... it'd end up exactly like with the Copy Reploids when they all copied Sigma's body in the last stage of X8. They are not Sigma inside so they are not as powerful. It's CapcomScience.

Soniti 254 wrote:
Duke Serkol just mentioned how this was explained in one of the official guidebooks for the games. So it's an official explanation, albeit not one that is mentioned in the games, not just what a fan made up for it to make sense.

Well the thing is, the explanation for cyberspace came from the Zero series and its guidebooks. I'm not sure if it was officially connected to those events in the X series, but seeing as it is now an official and fundamental aspect of Megaman's world it seems to be the most reasonable explanation for analogue phenomenons (Cyber Elf X/Cyberspace Phantom = Dr. Light, Omega causing CyberSpace to breach reality = Zero/Sigma Virus breaching reality)
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1995s
Index - Back to Top