BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Inafune quits Capcom
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#23  Posted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:01 pm  Reply with quote + 
DarkFire4114 wrote:
Soniti 254 wrote:
Assuming Sigma knew how, he could just reprogram them to be your average robots that would obey his whim. That would be the way that would make the most sense.

But if they're average robots, wouldn't that mean they're destroyed even easier than the real Sigma? Then that would make them kinda worthless and Sigma would lose all of his bodies...

The only real thing that separates Reploids from robots is that Reploids can think for themselves while robots just do as they are programmed. If Sigma just had his spare bodies reprogrammed to be more like typical robots, they would still be as strong as the body was designed. It wouldn't be rebuilding them from scratch, it'd be messing with their brains to have them function more like typical robots.

DarkFire4114 wrote:
Soniti 254 wrote:
Okay, I can deal with this explanation (even though you can tell this is something they made up much later and decided to use that as a explanation).

I never recall them specifically linking the two together, so that's just some thinking on the fan's part. (Just like how I thought of a possible excuse to cover up this one little hole (Unimportant really) in MGS regarding Para-Medic)

Then again, I don't pay much attention to the manuels or whatever in these games, or any real info coming from Capcom themselves so I dunno if they actually said that or not.

Duke Serkol just mentioned how this was explained in one of the official guidebooks for the games. So it's an official explanation, albeit not one that is mentioned in the games, not just what a fan made up for it to make sense.

DarkFire4114 wrote:
Soniti 254 wrote:
Although I'm still not sure why making a dozen sets of armor for X to use was really necessary. But whateves, that's a question that will never be answered.

Gameplay thing. Not something you can find a real logical reason. Take that away and you take away some gameplay. This is a game, so its gameplay is obviously more important.

I realize that's why they do it, but from a story point of view it's just a little absurd. In the first game, having it be hidden pieces of armor made sense, but why continue to do that when X already has a full set of armor? Why not just upgrade the regular armor for the new features of each piece of armor, instead of making an entirely new suit of armor that essentially replaced the one before (X5 and 6 were exceptions to this rule, since they had 2-3 different armors you could use in the game, but it doesn't really make a whole lot of sense either)? X8 kind of had an armor system that I thought made more sense (it's the same suit of armor, but you can mix and match each of the armor utilities you had to make your own "armor" that best suited you, or make the original sets as intended for a more powerful set).

Honestly though, I haven't really been thinking too deeply about a lot of this stuff until Duke and I started to friendlily debate on the matter.

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1797s
Index - Back to Top