Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Inafune quits Capcom
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#19  Posted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:57 pm  Reply with quote + 
Soniti 254 wrote:
Mega Man 9 and 10, for all intents and purposes, were homages to the original material in nearly every way. They were made as though they were brand new Nintendo games. The simplistic stories were no exception to this rule.

That's probably the idea yes. But should the bad habit of reusing the same plot really be part of this homages? MM1, 3 and 4 had good plots. Then came 5 and 6 that re-used the same plot as 4. And that's the plot 9 and 10 also use. It's not a bad plot on its own, but it's been done to death.

Soniti 254 wrote:
to be quite honest, instead of just leaving hidden bodies for myself to take, I'd make most of them go and fight for me. Seriously, if I had a ton of spare bodies to use like Sigma apparently has, I'd make much better use of them and make my own Sigma army, rather then just get killed by pesky Maverick Hunters and go take a new body. I suppose Sigma is simply too obsessed with revenge to actually do this.

Haha, I suppose so... maybe Sigma wasn't able to pull it off by himself. Controlling many bodies at once. Unless you meant make each body independent in thought, but then how would he keep them subordinate to him?
And it's funny because this is ultimately what he attempted pulling off with the Copy Reploids in X8 and it was his downfall (because they did, apparently, backstab him).

Soniti 254 wrote:
I haven't read any of the guidebooks, so I can't really comment on it. With the guidebooks though, that's just typical Capcom fixing any plotholes or answering any unanswered questions. They do that with the Resident Evil/Biohazard franchise as well.

And Street Fighter too.
To give you the gist of it, as far as I understand the universe of Megaman operates in the same way a computer program does. To everything that is or was corresponds some kind of "code" in a cyberspace (the one seen extensively in Zero 3). This is a natural phenomenon not to be confused with the computer cyberspace of X4's Cyber Peacock and MMXtreme Cybermission.
The code that corresponds to the consciousness of any sentient being (natural or artificial) is not gone upon death, and it seems particularly gifted individuals are still able to influence the world of the living as mere "soul data" (you may remember soul data being mentioned in MMXtreme2).
So yeah... it appears Dr. Light is literally a "scientifically explained ghost" that's still helping X from beyond the grave.
Cyberspace is supposedly also the explanation for the Sigma Virus manifesting itself in the real world in X5. It's so powerful it causes them to sort of overlap, like Omega does in Zero3.

Soniti 254 wrote:
Actually, I think it would've been neater to be able to create a character. Maybe have the original characters being NPCs you can invite to your party. I may just be a nut regarding character creation though. Would've made more sense then just flat out using clones, but that's just my opinion.

Perhaps they'll let players customize their characters. That would be the ideal, but either way I'm glad the character's abilities are going to be the same as in the X games (rather than have them downlplayed so the original character can remain "legendary") without making it look like just any reploid could have the same abilities as X and Zero.

Soniti 254 wrote:
I think that Maverick Hunter X was more of a "reimagining" of the same story, rather then a exact retelling. So certain things can be different. They changed X and Zero's relationship to being best of friends already when it was originally a "subordinate and his/her respected higher-up" kind of thing, for example. Or changing Vile so he wasn't actually working for Sigma and instead is just doing his own thing. Or even how Sigma got the scars on his face. Making Dr. Cain much closer to death certainly isn't that much of a big deal.

Yeah but none of those other things really conflict with later games. Cain's death does, and it was completely unnecessary.
Considering what were the odds of actually remaking the entire series, they should have allowed the game to be swapped with the original MMX1 as the beginning of the series without screwing that up. Especially because, as I said, that particular change does not serve any purpose at all.
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1433s
Index - Back to Top