Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Inafune quits Capcom
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#14  Posted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:58 pm  Reply with quote + 
Soniti 254 wrote:
Sheesh, dude. No offense, but you seem to take the Mega Man canon a bit too seriously.

None taken. It is my prerogative as a fan to take plots seriously and complain when they are not handled properly.

Soniti 254 wrote:
These games were never about the story, they were about the gameplay.

Says you. To me, it's both. And if you consider that they released several guide books specifically for the plots of the various Megaman series it's clearly not just my opinion.

Soniti 254 wrote:
Duke Serkol wrote:
He'd even gone and said "There won't be a Megaman X9" essentially giving X fans the middle finger.

If other X fans are like me, they'd probably respond with a sigh of relief.

*lol* Maybe so yeah, I actually consider X7 to be the worst Megaman game (of any series) ever made. But that doesn't mean they can't (and shouldn't) do more good X games like they used to.

Soniti 254 wrote:
Honestly, if you're really that concerned about the story for the franchise, it's probably better off that there isn't a X9. As much as I liked the X series (minus 7), there were more holes in the series' plot then there are in Swiss cheese. With each new entry, it only added more plotholes, rather then filling them (they stopped explaining how Sigma keeps coming back a long time ago, Zero was revived not once but twice throughout the games, and even Vile was revived in X8 purely as fan service).

Yeah, storyline wise they really screwed up with the games past 5 (X6 and onward). What they should do is entrust the story to someone serious that understands what's happened so far (the right and the wrong) and let this guy work on it without interference (the reason the storyline got screwed up was because Inafune meant for it to end with X5 and Capcom decided to keep going without bothering to properly find a way to do so or even just consult him on how to go about it).
Although... those points you raised well, they aren't all real issues. Sigma's continued return doesn't need explaining since he can exist as a virus. Rather his sudden inability to return does (supposedly it's because the copy reploids on the moon backstabbed him, but it's not clear at all). Vile in X8 was rebuilt like he was in X3, I see no problem there (rahter in his characterization towards X). But yeah, turning Zero into Kenny was retarded.

Soniti 254 wrote:
If you're into story, the Legends games seem to have a solid plot (based on what I have played anyway). Perhaps you can try those if you haven't already?

I need to, yes. I only played the first and seeing as a new one's coming along I definitely need to do some catching up.

Soniti 254 wrote:
As for the video, the idea of a Mega Man based MMO is both interesting and frightening

Yeah, I agree to that.

Soniti 254 wrote:
(how are they going to make a game like that work?). Also, I can only foresee this having even more plotholes then before (why are characters that were introduced in X4 (Iris) and X5 (Ayla, Signes) in what appears to be in classic Mega Man universe?).

Possibly, but from what I've seen so far a lot of attention is being put in setting and character background.
How the characters from the classic series (except Duo) will appear in the game is yet to be explained (I'm hoping time travel), but as for Iris, the X and Zero that users will play as will actually be a freaking clone army (this can be alternatively lame or unbelievably awesome, depending on how they play their cards), so I assume Iris (and Colonel because it seems he'll be in as well) will too be copies.
Like I was saying, lot's of attention is being igven to character's background. The Duo copies (he's a playable character too) are not just being randomly thrown in, they actually explained all of his backstory (robot from space etc.)

Being this a MMORPG, odds are this kind of attention to detail will drecrease drastically after a few months, but eh... one can hope (or could if we had any chance to actually play it).

DarkFire4114 wrote:
Plot was changed a bit, based on what I saw about that "Day of Sigma" how Cane apparently died, yet he was alive in the original X2 and stuff.

Yeah just another random change that only serves to piss off the fans...
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1287s
Index - Back to Top