Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Inafune quits Capcom
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#5  Posted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:33 pm  Reply with quote + 
Duke Serkol wrote:
I've been rather pissed at this guy lately. He seems to have gone the Miyamoto school of thought "The less plot the better".
And so we got MM9 and 10 with essentially the same plot that was used for MM4 to 6 already "Wily pretends to be innocent but is eventually revealed to be behind it all" (and don't get me started on the loss of charge buster and slide) as well as a game like Universe that not only make no sense (Ryu and Arthur? ...why??) but is are based for storyline and other things on MM2. For those who don't know MM2's plot was "Wily does it again with eight robots of his own".

And then he kept refusing to continue from where they left off in Power Fighters with regard to connections between Classic and X series, stating that they would make the classic series too dark (even going so far as to say that Super Adventure Rockman is his most disliked classic Megaman game because helicopters with humans in them are shot down... yeah that's clearly the game's biggest flaw <_<)

Sheesh, dude. No offense, but you seem to take the Mega Man canon a bit too seriously. These games were never about the story, they were about the gameplay.

Duke Serkol wrote:
He'd even gone and said "There won't be a Megaman X9" essentially giving X fans the middle finger.

If other X fans are like me, they'd probably respond with a sigh of relief.

Honestly, if you're really that concerned about the story for the franchise, it's probably better off that there isn't a X9. As much as I liked the X series (minus 7), there were more holes in the series' plot then there are in Swiss cheese. With each new entry, it only added more plotholes, rather then filling them (they stopped explaining how Sigma keeps coming back a long time ago, Zero was revived not once but twice throughout the games, and even Vile was revived in X8 purely as fan service).

If you're into story, the Legends games seem to have a solid plot (based on what I have played anyway). Perhaps you can try those if you haven't already? Sure, it's not really exactly like Mega Man gameplay wise, but comparing that to X7, it's a million times better.

As for the video, the idea of a Mega Man based MMO is both interesting and frightening (how are they going to make a game like that work?). Also, I can only foresee this having even more plotholes then before (why are characters that were introduced in X4 (Iris) and X5 (Ayla, Signes) in what appears to be in classic Mega Man universe?).

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1620s
Index - Back to Top