Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Inafune quits Capcom
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#3  Posted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:21 pm  Reply with quote + 
Regulus 777 wrote:
He claimed the videogame industry was finished didn't he? Well he certainly isn't contributing to a solution here.

Actually, that comment of his was directed towards the Japanese video game industry, not the entire video game industry. But you are right that he isn't helping to fix the problem by quitting.

Reggy wrote:
Well in all honesty I don't understand why someone would give up a good job title like that. He must have something decent lined up already. It may also be some kind of conflict of interest with his superiors. Who knows? He might just not be happy with the way the company has been doing things lately. With what I've been hearing lately I can't say I'm happy with what they've done lately either.

Yeah, I'm not sure why he chose to quit Capcom now of all times. Given his time, experience, and influence he has within the company, it doesn't make any sense for him to pack up his bags and just leave like he pretty much did. Given the last few things he has said about Capcom, he didn't sound exactly thrilled to be working with them, so maybe he just couldn't take it anymore. Maybe he'll go join his fellow ex-Capcom employees over at Platinum Games. That would be neat and I'd think I'd actually like to see that. I can't imagine it would be too difficult for him to find a job, either way.

Reggy wrote:
I can't say I'm devastated or anything. I haven't picked up any megaman games or anything in recent years, so i guess it doesn't bother me much. I'm semi interested to see what he'll end up doing later.

Same here. I mostly was just shocked that he just literally quit the company right there and then. Kind of a shame too since Capcom is finally working on a third Mega Man Legends game, which I'm pretty sure that was something Inafune wanted to do for a long time now. I'd also like to see what the man wants to do now now that he's free from Capcom.

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1294s
Index - Back to Top