Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Inafune quits Capcom
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#1  Posted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:25 am  Reply with quote + 
The article wrote:
Guess Capcom legend Keiji Inafune wasn't kidding around when he said he hated his job : the Capcom exec said today he's leaving the company he's been with for 23 years at the end of the month.

His full job title had been Head of R&D Management Group, Consumer Games R&D Division and Contents Management Division (phew). In a blog post titled "Sayonara", Inafune explains why.

"A manager's work means evaluating your subordinates and speaking your dreams. Anyone who can do both of those can be a manager. I thought that when I came here, and I still think that now."

The problem being, Inafune believes he can no longer do both those things.

Reached for comment Friday morning, Capcom had this to say:

"Mr. Inafune submitted his resignation on Tuesday October 19th. His resignation is effective from the end of November, but given outstanding vacation time he will leave the company at the end of October."

Read all about it here.

I'm... kind of shocked by this. I guess I can kind of see where he's coming from with this, but still. Leaving a company you have been with for 23 years and literally being one of the most powerful people in the company? Seems kind of rash, but hey! Who am I to judge? Regardless, I wish him luck on his quest.

Although he is best known for his involvement in the Mega Man franchise (often mistakenly referred to as "Mega Man's Creator" or the like), he has also worked on other titles including the Dead Rising franchise, light involvement with Resident Evil, among many others. He is also known by now for his controversial statement regarding the Japanese gaming industry.

What are your thoughts?

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1346s
Index - Back to Top