BombermanBoard Forum Index BombermanBoard
Bomberman Community

Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Disappointing games/companies/people?
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#7  Posted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:48 pm  Reply with quote + 
I just finished the demo for the new Castlevania game, Lord of Shadows, and it was pretty much as I expected. A God Of War clone with mindless button mashing.

Seriously, you can get away with using just one of your attack buttons the whole time. Trying to use the two attack buttons in unison doesn't really work, as you start with just two combos, pressing Square or Triangle X number of times. The lack of a lock-on button makes combat somewhat annoying as it's more difficult to work on one enemy at a time. Making dodging and blocking the same button (L2) wasn't very smart either. Being unable to even flinch larger enemies makes combos completely pointless against anything other then regular enemies anyway.

The music is forgettable epic fantasy music. It wasn't bad, by any means, but even though I just finished playing like 10 minutes ago, I don't remember a single tune from the game. I heard no classic Castlevania tunes the whole time I played through the demo. I found Patrick Stewart doing the voice segments for the dialogue in between chapters to be neat and charming, but I'm not going to buy and play through the game just for that. That would just be completely insane and illogical. If I really wanted to see it, I'd watch it on YouTube.

The game looked gorgeous, I'll give it that, but graphics are pretty much the last thing I'm concerned with regarding games. If a game isn't enjoyable, I'm not going to give a rat's behind as to how pretty the game looks.

I only played the demo to confirm if it was as I heard it was, and it is. I'm not sure how anyone can possibly enjoy it, as I felt just as empty finishing the demo as I was before I played it. If anything, it made me want to play other Castlevania games. I'm not even the slightest bit interested in if the game gets any better, as I endured more then enough to convince me that it wasn't. Any and all Castlevania fans should stay as far away from LoS as possible. If you must try it, rent before you buy or download the demo to see if it's your thing. It certainly wasn't mine.

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1402s
Index - Back to Top