Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Secret of Evermore
Mighty
Bomberman

Post#1  Posted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:26 pm  Reply with quote + 
Notice: DO NOT SPOIL ANYTHING FOR ME IF YOU'VE PLAYED THIS.

Anyways, while at my grandmas for my dad's birthday last saturday I decided to play the game on her SNES to try it out. I saw the cartridge many times before for a few months but never actually put it in until saturday. I thought hey, that if I was going to be annoyed for not trying out any new rpgs I might as well go ahead. Besides, it was made by Squaresoft/Square Enix and I knew it would be some kind of RPG somehow so I thought I couldn't go wrong. What I expected though when I put it in was a turn based RPG like Final Fantasy, but it's apparently has real time combat instead, something I thought wasn't possible for RPGs on older systems (As almost everything from what I atleast saw was turn based [Final Fantasy, Pokemon, etc.]). After figuring out how it worked and everything I actually started to enjoy it. Wasn't as bad as I thought since I had hard time trying games randomly like that from past mistakes (Finding Nemo when I was younger, partially Godzilla; Destroy all monsters Melee though on a more positive side note since it was more technically stable than Finding Nemo ever was, and the most recent Cabela's Legendary Adventures for PSP [Even with the positive reviews I was reading on Amazon.com and the gameplay videos I watched. Not enough info was available for me to make my final decision that time, even the screenshots I was seeing weren't the way it was as the actual ingame look differed greatly from the screenshots to the point I now think those were from the Wii or PS2 version]). Anyways, now I'm starting to get used to trying new things like that but it won't be a while until I can get another game to try out (Currently working on stuff I already know about though, such as Peace Walker). May possibly try downloading a rom for an older Final Fantasy game (I surprisingly DID used to own the first game, though I'm not sure what to do; Get a rom for the NES game I used to have or buy the PSP port with improved visuals and another PSP game to play).
So did any of you ever have the game or no? But here's what I want to know, why the heck do some save points CHARGE YOU to use them? I know those ones heal you as well but still, they should offer you the ability to save even if you don't heal.... I always have to treck out to save points away from Fire Eyes village just to save without paying... I find that rediculous (Not as rediculous as what I'm hearing about a save point in Chrono Trigger though).
Current progress so far (On the ROM, not the cart at my grandmas. Can't take the SNES home with me so I have no choice but to use the ROM to get decent amounts of playtime):
First Boss, Easy. Never thought you faced the bug on the cover of the cart so eary.
Second Boss, HARD. Seriously, what's with the sudden difficulty jump? I know some people can level up the spear to throw and do more damage but I never expected it that soon so I was kind of unprepared to face it. Took almost 45 minutes to an hour on that guy. It's going to be tough getting past it again on the real cart at my grandmas.
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1301s
Index - Back to Top