BombermanBoard Forum Index BombermanBoard
Bomberman Community

Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Disappointing games/companies/people?
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#1  Posted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:04 am  Reply with quote + 
In this topic, you may discuss any games, companies, or individuals in the video game industry who are currently disappointing you. May they be games you've played before or stuff that's not out yet, or the direction companies and individuals are currently headed.

I recently saw the trailer for the new Devil May Cry game, simply called DmC. Apparently, Ninja Theory (the guys who made Heavenly Sword) were allowed to work on the title, and it's apparently a reboot. Honestly, based on the trailer alone, the game looks like absolute garbage.

Whoever this scrawny Twilight looking kid is, he is certainly not Dante like he claims to be. The character looks completely uninspired and seems to have lost the style Dante had in the other four games (and really, why does he have black hair? And smokes cigarettes?). The only thing that he has going that even slightly resembles Dante is his red colored outfit (even then, he still looks nothing like Dante) and his twin handguns, Ebony and Ivory. And what the hell is up with the transforming weapon that he used during the trailer? Maybe I just look like I'm rambling about meaningless stuff, but as a fan who has played and enjoyed the four other titles, seeing this new form of "Dante" is pretty much a big kick in the crouch to me, as I know for a fact that this guy I see isn't Dante.

Not to mention I haven't heard many positive things about the game's developer, Ninja Theory. While I haven't actually played any of their games, I have heard Heavenly Sword is mediocre at best and is very clunky and slow, running at only 30 FPS. It would have made much more sense to have Platinum Games develop the game. Not only was Bayonetta a pretty successful title (some even argue that Bayonetta was a better game and is more of a DMC game then DMC4), but who else would be better at developing a new DMC game then... the guy who made the original game in the first place?

Anyway, that's one of the many things in this industry that are disappointing me so far. How about the rest of you guys?

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1678s
Index - Back to Top