Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Pokemon Black and White Versions
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#10  Posted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:06 pm  Reply with quote + 
What, where, how...?

You completely missed my point by a mile, buddy.

Mighty wrote:
That's because that was a deliberate attempt by Konami to make sure the game sold well. Do Nintendo and game Freak REALLY look like the people who would bribe Famitsu to do the same?

Thing is, anything with Hideo Kojima's name is practically guaranteed to sell well (especially Metal Gear games), so I highly doubt that this was the sole reason. I believe it's more so just good advertising and smart business on their part. But this is all beside the point.

Mighty wrote:
Besides regardless all the games that got the score deserve it anyways, even Peace Walker. And even if the magazine's perfect score helps boost sales, the games don't even need it, especially given how they surpassed 1 million copies sold nearly 2 weeks prior to the review and 1 month prior to the release of the games.

It's not about whether the games in question deserve a high score or not. That was never the point. I'm sure Pokemans White and Black would have sold just fine without a perfect score.

Rather, my point is that Famitsu's creditability is questionable at best now (with Peace Walker's case being one of best and most recent examples). Which is also what both of those articles were about.

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1215s
Index - Back to Top