BombermanBoard Forum Index BombermanBoard
Bomberman Community

Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: What games are you playing/looking forward to?
Mighty
Bomberman

Post#113  Posted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:36 am  Reply with quote + 
Soniti 254 wrote:
Blue Dragon wrote:
Soniti 254 wrote:
Although I have no money yet, I'm looking forward to Dead Rising 2 when that comes around, maybe get the inferior remake (or so I hear) of Dead Rising for Wii so I can actually play the original game in some way (one game is not enough to justify getting a new console (except if it's Metal Gear related, of course)). I dunno, something about killing zombies with everyday items like benches, TVs, or even CDs just sounds so exciting!

*coughgraphic*****cough*
Yes you heard right. I'm tired of people saying it's always better on the 360/PS3 because the ONLY difference is the graphics. And besides the graphics the developers decide to use for Wii ports is NOT what the Wii is really capable of.

lol @ graphicswhore

Where in my post did I say anything about graphics? Hate to burst your bubble, but I honestly could care less about graphics when it comes to games. As I'm sure I've mentioned before, I'm one of the few gamers who considers graphics to be one of the least important aspects of a video game.

There are quite a few reasons why the Wii version of Dead Rising is considered inferior to the 360 version (other then graphics). Some such reasons include:

* Significantly reduced number of zombies on screen. Wii's only a 100 while the 360 can have up to 800 on screen.
* Photography, one of the most notable aspects of the original, is missing entirely on the Wii version.
* The mall itself is smaller compared to the original.
* The player character, Frank West, can no longer jump. I'm assuming this has to do with using the RE4 engine instead of the original game's.
* No more multiple endings.
* Fewer survivors and bosses.

More info can be found here, if you're interested. To be fair, most of it's faults is because the Wii is a weaker console compared to 360. Again, this is all based on what I've read/heard.

As for MH, I'm honestly just not very interested. Based on what I've seen, it doesn't look like my cup of tea. And even if I was interested, I have no money for anything right now anyway.

You do realise that most of that stuff you mentioned is not an issue with The Last Story and Xenoblade right? Even Tri has loads of bosses and it wasn't technical reasons that got mostly everyother past boss cut out of the game, as it was most likely budget reasons. Same reason why bows and gunlances got cut out most likely (Regular lances and bowguns still seem to exist though).
Say did you even look at The Last Story's trailer?
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1874s
Index - Back to Top