BombermanBoard Forum Index BombermanBoard
Bomberman Community

Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: What games are you playing/looking forward to?
Mighty
Bomberman

Post#110  Posted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:19 pm  Reply with quote + 
Soniti 254 wrote:
Since Peace Walker, I've been in a bit of a Metal Gear mode. I recently finished Metal Gear Solid 3 yet again a few days ago. I also started working on the original Metal Gear Solid, and may even play the other games I have if my Metal Gear swing continues. I also finished the original Resident Evil with Chris for the second time via PSP (those games seem to be excellent for a PSP, since I recall playing (and finishing) the other two original PlayStation games on my PSP).

I've also been playing a few other titles mostly out of fun. These include, as of late, Resident Evil 4 (just messing around, highly doubt this'll turn into a marathon kind of thing), Dissidia: Final Fantasy, Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions, Phantasy Star Zero, WarioWare Inc., Peace Walker (still lol), Civil War Generals II with my bro, and original Smash Bros. also with my bro. I may have forgotten some, but whateves.

Although I have no money yet, I'm looking forward to Dead Rising 2 when that comes around, maybe get the inferior remake (or so I hear) of Dead Rising for Wii so I can actually play the original game in some way (one game is not enough to justify getting a new console (except if it's Metal Gear related, of course)). I dunno, something about killing zombies with everyday items like benches, TVs, or even CDs just sounds so exciting!

*coughgraphic*****cough*
Yes you heard right. I'm tired of people saying it's always better on the 360/PS3 because the ONLY difference is the graphics. And besides the graphics the developers decide to use for Wii ports is NOT what the Wii is really capable of.
See here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAs2Br_yzRg
Developed by the same people who made Blue Dragon and published by Nintendo themselves in case you're wondering.
Overall as long as the gameplay is good one can ignore the graphics used in the Wii Ports despite those graphics not even being close to the consoles REAL power. EVERYBODY thinks it's graphics over gameplay and they think that as such games with good graphics are the best ever despite Ocarina of Time STILL being marked as greatest game of all time on Game Rankings, with Super Mario Galaxy 2 right behind it.

By the way, Tri is watching you. Why don't you be a man and go buy Monster Hunter Tri. Seriously! I need to know who I'll be able to hunt with when I get Tri myself! Better yet, why don't you just get ANY MH game for the PSP since you have one? You don't even know what you're missing! Unite's the best selling PSP Game for a reason after all! Basically the games are designed around replay value and intense and difficult combat that truely gives a sense of accomplishment when you manage to hunt a boss monster. You may struggle with the game at first but it's PERFECTLY NORMAL given the nature of the games. Tri and Unite are the most accessable MH games other than the Japan exclusive Frontier (Frontier was ported to Xbox 360 as well but does not feature improved graphics for the system, does not have the Unite Exclusive monsters Nargacuga, Ucanlos, and the added subspecies, but most importantly COMPLETELY lacks EVERY ONE of Tri's monsters. That doesn't mean Frontier has exclusive monsters as well though (Some of which might not stay exclusive given how Hypnoc and Volganos were added into Unite as Hypnocatrice and Lavasioth [Their varients/subspecies are still Frontier exclusive though]).
Tri Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8l3f3csAZn8
MHFU Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKX2_1kBekE
And don't say anything like "but Tri has static shadows" because EVERY MH game has static shadow detail. NONE of them have any realistic shadow details save for buildings and cliff sides. Not sure why none of them have any realistic shadows for the monsters but I think it has something to do with higher detail for everything else?

Last edited by Mighty on Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:39 pm
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1514s
Index - Back to Top