Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Clones & Projects
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: DUNGEONS & BOMBERS
Sora G. Silverwind
Bomberjack

Post#15  Posted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:07 pm  Reply with quote + 
Zaphe, I like the idea of allocating ds to a bomb to alter its strength. Are we going to be treating ds as the MP equivalent in D&B, or as something separate? Again, to toot my own horn a bit: In Soraverse, every bomb has a reserve of chi that she can draw on for her explosives. Those reserves are measured both in how much a bomber has at full power (called a reservoir and measured in destrudos; typically represented as "Rds") and how concentrated the explosive power is (referred to as the reservoir reach and measured in destrudos per bomb unit). The former cannot be expanded, but it does contract when a bomber gets physically tired, preventing her from calling on the full extent of her powers. Reservoir reach can be enhanced through drugs or machines or other external help (like magic, in our case). When a bomber creates a bomb, she drains her chi reservoir, taking that power and forming it into a bomb. That chi does not return to the bomber until the bomb explodes. As such, there's only a certain amount of unexploded explosives that a bomber can produce before completely emptying her chi reservoir.

Again, this is just Soraverse -- for this game we probably don't need the rationalization for why bombers can only lay down a certain amount of bombs at a time, since it's, well, y'know, a GAME and not a faux-realistic story. But since you seemed to like what I posted previously, I decided I'd add onto it for consideration. Feel free to edit or discard as needed.

There's two things I can think of with Pile Bombs. One is that you probably wouldn't use 'em in battle, but you WOULD use them for, say, trying to destroy an entire tower or something like that. The other is that it would kind of be like the "Fly" move or something in Pokemon, where you have to spend a turn either being out of the way or taking a hit while you were charging or "stacking" your attack.

I can't remember whether Bait Bombs exploded or not. I think they might've just...petered out or something?

I guess we could rename the Blow Bombs to....Amoeba Bombs? It doesn't sound very menacing, but 1) the bombs do split into different bombs and 2) they look sort of...jelly-like...like amoebas. XD Or we could rename it to Bouncy Bombs (since that's what they look like) and just have the "splitting up" aspect be a side attribute that's affected by ds or something.

I like the idea of Holy Bombs being used on nombies, as well as being able to heal with Light Bombs. Bombing your allies to heal them is kind of amusing...it would kind of be like the last two panels in this 4koma of mine. At the strongest, you could use a really tricked-out Holy Bomb to revive a dead ally. "Return this soul from the abyss of death! RESURRRECTION! *KA-BLAM!!!!*"

For Shadow, what if we also had a particular bomb that opened up, like, a dark portal to hell, or a portal in general? You could use a Gravity Bomb to distort the time-space fabric and open a hole between dimensions! So say the party came across a a place where the ~*~barrier between dimensions~*~ was thin or compromised or whatever...they could use the Gravity Bomb to destroy that barrier and enter into another dimension. Alternately, you could use Light Bombs in, say, a temple level to activate a holy circle or something.

(lol, "bombchemy". I love that word.)

AO3 | deviantArt | Tumblr
Bluesky | Twitter | Ko-Fi
Bombermanga | Bomber Base | B-Daman Now, Dog!

If I don't wield the bomb, I can't protect you. If I keep wielding the bomb, I can't embrace you.
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Clones & Projects All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1400s
Index - Back to Top