Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Clones & Projects
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: DUNGEONS & BOMBERS
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#14  Posted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:16 pm  Reply with quote + 
I actually think that could work in this. Different Bomb types could have Bomb Power ratings on them - Low, Normal, Super... So when the player considers selecting the Smoke Bomb, it would display as "Low", and probably a description of its effect(s) would also display (for Smoke, it might say "CONFUSION" or something).

I really like the terminology you chose for measurement ("destrudo" is a great word :flame:  ). I think, perhaps, we could do something like this, for example:

Smoke Bomb | LOW
Effect: CONFUSION
ds: 11

Let's say that a player has gained the Smoke Bomb ability. That player could allocate experience points or something to this particular ability in order to make it stronger. So perhaps, later on, this ability would show up as:

Smoke Bomb | LOW
Effect: CONFUSION, HAZE
ds: 28

In this example, a Smoke Bomb will always be considered a "LOW" class of bomb. Therefore, its ds limit would be... somewhere around 40 I guess? So the player can allocate experience (or perhaps some subset of experience points intended for enhancing special abilities) to increase the ds of the Smoke Bomb ability. As its ds increases, it becomes more powerful, and may even gain new Effects (a very low level Smoke Bomb would have a weak Confusion effect, while the stronger Smoke Bomb displayed above would have a stronger Confusion effect and probably a sort of weak Haze effect (Haze would obscure enemies' sight and allow for a getaway)).

Other bombs, such as the Fire Bomb, would be able to move through the power levels, going from, say, Normal to Super if enough experience is allocated.

What do you think?

---

I like the idea of cooking with bombs. Cooking could be a stat, and certain enemies may drop different types of meat (like Snake Meat).

Sora G. Silverwind wrote:
Blow Bomb
Needs a rename, because yeah. This splits into multiple bombs upon being kicked or thrown; the number of bombs it splits into depends on your max bomb capacity and whether you've set down any bombs before that.

Pile Bombs
Toss up to four in a pile to create a big-ass kablamafoo.

Barrier Bombs
Hold one up, and you'll be temporarily invulnerable to attacks. If you try to move while holding one, though, you'll move much slower than usual.

Bait Bombs
If you throw one of these, it'll attract the enemies towards it for some...odd...reason. IDK, but whatever. Toss one of these, distract the enemies, then blast them with regular bombs.

So I suppose the "Blow Bomb" is named thusly because it separates into multiple bombs upon being hit (a "blow", if you will). Okay, so... (gets out thesaurus) BANG BOMB. Wait, this isn't helping. Thrust Bomb? Damnit.

We need a word that means "collide", essentially. Crash Bomb? Would that work?

Beings that players can only set one bomb per turn, the Pile Bombs would be especially difficult to execute properly. That would take four turns to stack them all up, and then the player would have to get the heck out of there. And while the player is in the process of stacking, the other players would have to protect him/her. So if Pile Bombs appear, I guess what I am saying is that they should be really powerful when stacking is maximized so as to make the effort worthwhile.

As for Barrier Bombs, I guess if we let players end turns whlle holding bombs, it would be alright. I don't see how it could be abused if the player is unable to do anything other than walk while holding a bomb.

What happens when Bait Bombs explode? Do they just have no effect?

---

Ok, so let's figure out some specific "elements" of bombs. And possible names of bombs that could be made with them. Some bombs might be made with "bombchemy", but would still have a specific element (or two?). Let's just put those in their own categories - say, BombChemy 2X, BombChemy 3X, such and such.

Fire
Fire Bomb
Smoke Bomb
Napalm Bomb
Burning Fire Bomb? (Jetters, right? Can't remember)
Firecrack Bomb? (like a Flash Bomb)

Water
Ice Bomb
Frost Bomb
Water Bomb
Nitrogen Bomb

Wind
Wind Bomb
Cyclone Bomb
Zephyr Bomb
(Note: If this is to be a "starter element", then we need something that can do some damage.)

Earth
Brick Bomb
Mortar Bomb
(Note: If this is to be a "starter element", then we need something that can do some damage.)

Electricity
Lightning Bomb
Taser Bomb (don't tase me bro)
Flash Bomb
Plasma Bomb?

Light
Light Bomb
Holy Bomb? (curing effects/banish undead?)

Shadow
Shadow Bomb
Skull Bomb?

BombChemy 2X
Steam Bomb (Fire, Water)
Tempest Bomb (Water, Wind)
Dust Bomb (Wind, Earth)
Fire Cyclone Bomb (Fire, Wind)
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Clones & Projects All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1441s
Index - Back to Top